First of Season cruise ship in Vancouver!

Tinknock50

The first cruise ship was the Star Princess around April 10.

Cool....... I am going by the Alaska season as shown on the CLIA site here.....

http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Vancouver-%E2%80%93-VAN-2018.pdf

The Star is not going to Alaska until May 12th as far as I can tell.

Should have said "Alaska" in my thread title, I guess because that is what I am excited the first ships showing up for.

It went to Hawaii and now doing a round trip to California.

I’m not sure but I think Holland has already been in Vancouver.

If HAL has been there, it may not have been be headed for Alaska because it isn't listed either.

I don't know if I want to go to Alaska that early. Last year we went in Jul & three days of the cruise was nice weather, the rest raining. Although we did enjoy it & would do it again, but only in July - Aug.

Allan

The repositioning cruises to and from Vancouver are fun. I will be taking the Emerald up on may 9th and riding the star and Emerald back to la in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise on HAL was on the Ryndam for a 4 day repo. I loved it!

I have done a couple of one day, but I did not enjoy them as much. I will not do them again because it involved going through the boarding process twice close together which is my least favorite part of a cruise. (Well, except for leaving the ship when it's over!) One of those times was end of season and Vancouver was packed with ships, so we had to find a panel van in the parking garage to leave our bags. Plus it is hard to enjoy a ship in one day.

I’m boarding the westerdam tomorrow! First HAL cruise and first time to Alaska. I’m anticipating cold and wet weather but keeping my fingers crossed. At least the ports won’t be crowded with only one other ship tagging along.

Thanks to all that have patiently answered my questions!

I’m boarding the westerdam tomorrow! First HAL cruise and first time to Alaska. I’m anticipating cold and wet weather but keeping my fingers crossed. At least the ports won’t be crowded with only one other ship tagging along.

Thanks to all that have patiently answered my questions!

Bon Voyage and enjoy!

I did a May 4th Alaska cruise and I did enjoy seeing the residual snow from the winter. A change for me living in AZ. :)

Now I travel with someone who is very cold sensitive but loves Alaska so we generally go the first couple of weeks in June.

The Star is not going to Alaska until May 12th as far as I can tell.

Star’s first Alaska Cruise this year is May 5th, we are on that cruise, and can hardly wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Star’s first Alaska Cruise this year is May 5th, we are on that cruise, and can hardly wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are right. I missed that on the schedule.You will see the Nieuw Amsterdam there with you. :)

http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Vancouver-%E2%80%93-VAN-2018.pdf

Bon Voyage!

It went to Hawaii and now doing a round trip to California.

I’m not sure but I think Holland has already been in Vancouver.

Yes there were a few of us on CC who were on the Westerdam which arrived April 12th. I know we were the first cruise ship of the season in Victoria but we mostly circled outside the harbour because the wind and the waves were too high to make it through the channel.

Yes there were a few of us on CC who were on the Westerdam which arrived April 12th. I know we were the first cruise ship of the season in Victoria but we mostly circled outside the harbour because the wind and the waves were too high to make it through the channel.

Can you imagine if that was part of the Alaska season.....brrrrrrr!

I don't know if I want to go to Alaska that early. Last year we went in Jul & three days of the cruise was nice weather, the rest raining. Although we did enjoy it & would do it again, but only in July - Aug.

Allan

I'd go to Alaska any month. One day I'd like to do their very first cruise as I love snow, even if it's only in the mountains.

I'd go to Alaska any month. One day I'd like to do their very first cruise as I love snow, even if it's only in the mountains.

On my early May cruise, we went up by bus to do the zipline near Hoonah. At the summit,the drifts were so high they were almost as high as the bus! All the roads were clear, of course.