Dining Reservations

Donna_In_India

Just wondering how many - or what percent - of specialty dining reservations are held back until on board (not available online). Our bookings just opened today and what's left are 9 P.M. dining times for many of the restaurants. Didn't get one time we wanted in 3 restaurants on any night.

Hi, So far when I sailed on Norwegian cruise ship, I did not find any problem making dining reservation at specialty restaurants on board. So pls don't worry about it.

The "sailaway" category guests do not have the "free specialty dining" offer, therefore I think somehow it does strike certain balance on board which there will not be overflow of guests at one location over another one. Some guests may not select the "free specialty dining" at seas also.

Enjoy your trip!

Hi, So far when I sailed on Norwegian cruise ship, I did not find any problem making dining reservation at specialty restaurants on board. So pls don't worry about it.

The "sailaway" category guests do not have the "free specialty dining" offer, therefore I think somehow it does strike certain balance on board which there will not be overflow of guests at one location over another one. Some guests may not select the "free specialty dining" at seas also.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm in a sailaway and yes I don't have free specialty dining but I did buy a 3 day specialty dining package so what does sailaway category have to do with anything ?

I'm in a sailaway and yes I don't have free specialty dining but I did buy a 3 day specialty dining package so what does sailaway category have to do with anything ?

sailaway cabins do not have the free at sea perks like what booking a regular cabin has. one of the free at sea perks is the free specialty dinning

sailaway cabins do not have the free at sea perks like what booking a regular cabin has. one of the free at sea perks is the free specialty dinning

I understand that but what does the sailaway categorys have to do with making dining reservations anybody can make reservations with or without free specialty dinning

I understand that but what does the sailaway categorys have to do with making dining reservations anybody can make reservations with or without free specialty dinning

Because people may be more likely to book specialty dining when it is “free” as opposed to when it is an upcharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s certainly nothing to do with sailaway rates. NCL was offering online reservations with a proportion held over for booking onboard for many years before sailaway rates (and the SDP) came about.

It is just a way of offering reservations for those people who want to plan ahead, without shutting our those people who don’t want to commit themselves that far out, people who are unaware of the online reservations and late bookers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked when the online reservations would be made available for our cruise and they told me when. I went in that morning (which is the day after final payment has to be made. Got all 3 of mine made with 6 pm times.

Ours opened before final payment and I went online the first day they opened. There weren't any 6-6:30 available, which is what I wanted. I booked 7:30s but would like to change them. Hopefully I'll be able to do that on board, although I hate to have to deal with that as soon as I board. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Woops, too many angry faces. I'm not that angry! :-)

Just wondering how many - or what percent - of specialty dining reservations are held back until on board (not available online). Our bookings just opened today and what's left are 9 P.M. dining times for many of the restaurants. Didn't get one time we wanted in 3 restaurants on any night.

Rumors have it, anywhere from 50% to about 75%. We have only had luck booking on line a couple of times. We have found if we just wait and book as soon as we get on the ship everything is fine. Only a few times have we had problems. Oh sure, sometimes we can't get exactly our desired time, but normally we can get within 15 minutes or so of the time we really want.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I understand the reference to sailaway bookings. Actually that was my first thought...so many people must get the free at sea, is that why they are no reservations available? As I said though...we won't starve even if we have the buffet every night AND we'll be in Alaska, so no worries.

I understand the reference to sailaway bookings. Actually that was my first thought...so many people must get the free at sea, is that why they are no reservations available? As I said though...we won't starve even if we have the buffet every night AND we'll be in Alaska, so no worries.

How many people are you booking for? If it is an odd number then times are often very restricted. Just book for one extra person.

• 2 months later...

My recent trip on Norwegian Jade was really good, particularly with dining reservations. We had selected the '3 times speciality dining' under 'free at sea'. We asked the NCL consultant to assist with advance reservations for us. When we were on board, we made the Changes at the dining reservation counter without any problem. The staff were very helpful.

Can someone please tell me where to make/change dinning reservations, when we board, on the Escape?

Thank you

On the Gem, it was at the Guest Services. If the Escape do not have it at the Guest Services, you can always go to the restaurant directly to ask to make a change to reservation.

Can someone please tell me where to make/change dinning reservations, when we board, on the Escape?

Thank you

There is a booking service at the dining reservation counter onboard the Norwegian Escape, or you may use the touch screens throughout the ship.

There is a Latitude Membership Line that can assist in booking reservations.

Another option is the Norwegian Iconcierge App which allows u to make changes on your phone.

Thank you

There is a dining reservations station set up in Headliners on Embarkation day. If you are making new reservations, just use one of the touch screen kiosks in public elevators lobbies. Make sure to check the reservation tickets printed out.

On a recent cruise, Cagney’s and Bistro were totally sold out for the entire cruise by 1 pm on embarkation day.

New to NCL. Going on Bliss in Oct. First day dining reservations opened up couldn't get anything before 9, same as you. Two days later everything changed and could get anytime and any number of people on reservation I wanted. So I suggest keep checking your account.

If you get the specialty dining as part of the free at sea promotion, are you able to make the reservations online in advance without a credit card? Does the system pick up that you have the perk?

Yes you can. The system lets you book the number of meals you have in your dining package without charge.

There is no upfront charge for the a la carte places anyway.

When I book my cruise which I did online it was a Free at Sea Promotion. My question is it stated if I booked a balcony I would receive all 5 promotions but I don’t see anything that mentions that on my reservations. How do I know if I’m getting those 5 Specialties?

Thank you!