Princess Insurance question

framer

Does the cancel anytime also include my flight if booked through EZair? This would be a cancellation after the air ticket was paid for by Princess.

Thanks

framer

This is what is listed under the Princess Platinum Vacation Protection section of my contract:

Cancellation fees and refunds

Please refer to the brochure for your individual cruiseor cruisetour for applicable cancellation fees andrefund information.

Extra featureProtection for Cruise Plus hotel add-ons and eZAirarrangements is included at no additional cost.

When cancelling under the CFAR coverage (I assume that is what you mean by "cancel anytime") the FCC your receive is for the amount of cancellation penalty for the cruise (or cruisetour) fare. For airfare you receive a credit with the airline based on the cash value of the ticket--not the amount paid to EZAir. And as you are cancelling for a non-covered reason it is still subject to the limitations imposed by the airline

This is what is listed under the Princess Platinum Vacation Protection section of my contract:

Cancellation fees and refunds

Please refer to the brochure for your individual cruiseor cruisetour for applicable cancellation fees andrefund information.

Extra featureProtection for Cruise Plus hotel add-ons and eZAirarrangements is included at no additional cost.

What that means is that the Travel Protection Plan coverage is in effect starting with the date of your EZAir flight and/or pre-cruise hotel. The Cancellation Fee Waiver Program explicitly states it covers only the cruise or cruisetour fare.

The FAQs contains this link for viewing the precise terms of the policy based on your state of residence:

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/state.jsf?req=NWEPCT02

(excerpt from Platinum coverage, emphasis mine)

SPECIAL VACATION PROTECTION CANCELLATION ENHANCEMENT

Vacation Protection “ANY REASON” Travel Credits......Up to 100% of the non-refundable prepaid CruiseVacation Cost

Provided by Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased Vacation Protection, Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours will provide you a travel credit equal to 100% of the non-refundable value of your cruise vacation prepaid to Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours, for your use toward a future cruise vacation. This additional enhancement is offered by Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours as a special service to guests that purchase this ticket contract Cancellation Fee Waiver Program Addendum and is available only if purchased prior to final payment (for the cruise vacation). Certain restrictions on the use of these travel credits (such as blackout periods)may apply

Does the cancel anytime also include my flight if booked through EZair? This would be a cancellation after the air ticket was paid for by Princess.

Thanks

framer

What happens to the covered flight $$$ is per the airline policy on cancellations. The insurance may cover a change charge, but the remaining value of the ticket must usually be used within one year from when the reservation was made. This can be a problem if you have no need to fly on that airline or its partners within that year.

Here's my experience:

In 2016 I was booked on a 3 day California Coastal departing on Sept 30. I had Princess Platinum Protection Insurance.

On Sept 26 I had to cancel due to a non-covered family issue. I invoked the CFAR clause.

Original Cruise Fare: $389 pp

Flexible EZ Air Fare: $668 pp

Vacation Protection: $ 39 pp (cost of upgrade to Platinum)

Cruise Fare Cancellation Fee: $389 pp

Flexible EZ Air Cancel Fee $187 pp

Vacation Protection Fee $ 39 pp

Reimbursement:

Future Cruise Credit: $576 pp ($389 + $187)

Credit Card Refund: $481 pp ($668 - $187)

Cancellation Date 9/26

Future Cruise Credit in Personalizer 10/11

Credit Card Refund: 10/15

Here's my experience:

In 2016 I was booked on a 3 day California Coastal departing on Sept 30. I had Princess Platinum Protection Insurance.

On Sept 26 I had to cancel due to a non-covered family issue. I invoked the CFAR clause.

Reimbursement:

Cancellation Date 9/26

This is very useful info. Thx for sharing it. seems the air cancel fee is refunded as future cruise credit.

Here's my experience:

Reimbursement:

Cancellation Date 9/26

Thanks VERY much for posting this!

It always seems like there is a lot of speculation, but had not seen a response with an actual experience.

Very Helpful! :cool: