Rudeness and bad attitudes of cruisers

bubblz1970

To start off I have to give thanks to the entire staff on the Triumph. This was my second cruise on the Triumph and I have never had a bad experience. They do an excellent job on making sure everyone is taken care of and always professional and extremely nice. Our waiter at dinner, Rodolpho -?, had us laughing every night and made sure our huge crew was taken care of.

Now that being said, I have never met so may rude and thankless people in my entire life. People would run into you as if you weren't there, shove their way thru or push you out of the way, tell off the staff if something wasn't going their way or fast enough. We tried to get into a hot tub and had to wait for 5 little kids with life jackets on playing and splashing around to get out. They were finally ran out by a group that was tired of waiting to sit and relax. I witnessed adults being kicked out of the pool for their stupid behavior, a guy standing in the bar, outside the night club in nothing but a pair of swim trunks yelling and hollering at people as they walked by and later trying to fight with others. This is only a fraction of what o witnessed. I felt so sorry for the staff and totally embarrassed to be around some of these people. I do not consider my self judgmental and am very easy going as I deal with much worse behaviors in my profession, but some people on this cruise made my clients look like Angel's!

My hat goes off to The entire crew of the Triumph as no matter what people said or did to them they were always polite and went out of their way to make these people happy. Never the less we very much enjoyed our cruise and can't wait to cruise again. Thank you Carnival for a great family vacation!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately you've witnessed "its my vacation and I'll do what I want syndrome". There is no known cure but prevention is possible by reporting those affected with this syndrome to staff if its abusive, smile it off for lessor offensive behaviors or seeking less crowded venues. It doesnt only exist on cruise ships, but is harder to avoid due to a captured audience.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, people are people. And some people have that feeling that they can do whatever they want, especially when they are on vacation. I am experienced this as well on other ships where it forced me to move to a different part of the ship to enjoy myself. It is a shame and the crew on all the ships should get a lot of credit for dealing with some peoples behaviors. I'm glad you had a nice time on the cruise even dealing with rude behaviors.

Unfortunately you've witnessed "its my vacation and I'll do what I want syndrome". There is no known cure but prevention is possible by reporting those affected with this syndrome to staff if its abusive, smile it off for lessor offensive behaviors or seeking less crowded venues. It doesnt only exist on cruise ships, but is harder to avoid due to a captured audience.

Get rid of the alcohol (or quit serving people that are already well on their way to being intoxicated) and you get rid of a big portion of the problems.

Get rid of the alcohol (or quit serving people that are already well on their way to being intoxicated) and you get rid of a big portion of the problems.

Not necessarily true. Alcohol intensifies it but a rude person is rude with or without alcohol in my opinion

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People not letting you get off the elevator or stopping to talk right in the middle of the main walkway is my pet peeve. I hate it! WHY are you standing where everyone is trying to walk????

People being clueless or indifferent is one thing, treating everyone else as if they were dirt is quite a different thing.

Try a different cruise line ..... it's Carnival. I don't care what anyone says, the biggest amount of human trash is found on Carnival. Do I care? No, not really. Will I continue to sail Carnival? Yes ..... We sailed the new MSC Seaside three weeks ago and fellow passengers acted civil, kind, and polite. The difference in passenger behavior was 180 from our Vista cruise last year. Trailer trash ........ no, I never saw any of the behavior or acts that I've seen on CCL on MSC, Holland, NCL, Princess, or Royal ...... I can't tell you how many goons I wanted to push over the railings on our Carnival cruises. Hopefully the element is better on the Panorama out of Long Beach for us than the Vista.

Thankfully we have never experienced such behavior at any of the all inclusive resorts where we have stayed. One reason is because they actually do enforce the rules, yes even the dress code. Carnival brought of this on by failing to enforce even the minimal rules they set.

To start off I have to give thanks to the entire staff on the Triumph. This was my second cruise on the Triumph and I have never had a bad experience. They do an excellent job on making sure everyone is taken care of and always professional and extremely nice. Our waiter at dinner, Rodolpho -?, had us laughing every night and made sure our huge crew was taken care of.

Now that being said, I have never met so may rude and thankless people in my entire life. People would run into you as if you weren't there, shove their way thru or push you out of the way, tell off the staff if something wasn't going their way or fast enough. We tried to get into a hot tub and had to wait for 5 little kids with life jackets on playing and splashing around to get out. They were finally ran out by a group that was tired of waiting to sit and relax. I witnessed adults being kicked out of the pool for their stupid behavior, a guy standing in the bar, outside the night club in nothing but a pair of swim trunks yelling and hollering at people as they walked by and later trying to fight with others. This is only a fraction of what o witnessed. I felt so sorry for the staff and totally embarrassed to be around some of these people. I do not consider my self judgmental and am very easy going as I deal with much worse behaviors in my profession, but some people on this cruise made my clients look like Angel's!

My hat goes off to The entire crew of the Triumph as no matter what people said or did to them they were always polite and went out of their way to make these people happy. Never the less we very much enjoyed our cruise and can't wait to cruise again. Thank you Carnival for a great family vacation!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Yup, seen it, experienced it on our recent cruise out of San Juan. Never again.

Thankfully we have never experienced such behavior at any of the all inclusive resorts where we have stayed. One reason is because they actually do enforce the rules, yes even the dress code. Carnival brought of this on by failing to enforce even the minimal rules they set.
This is true, even the dress code. If Carnival threatened and actually threw drunks and other low life's off the boat at the next port of call passengers may think twice before acting like idiots. Hotels do it .....

We find most people on cruises to be nice and pleasant and interesting to talk to.

Find exceptions here and there but not many.

Most common rude people are those on a scooter who think they always have the right of way.

AMEN, one of those "scooters" ran over my foot and then she glared at me for her inconvenience. I was seated near the main pool and she decided to head on through, I had no time to move. Those scooters are heavy believe me.

Unfortunately I see rudeness in many places these days. I think it is a sign of the times, and that does make me concerned. I see it in the supermarket, I see it in parking lots, on the roads, both driving and as a pedestrian. Everywhere.

I have rarely seen overtly rude behavior on my cruises, yes some, like buffet line cutters, elevator chargers etc, but still not a lot of it, even on my short 5 day cruise, it was not bad. Not saying it doesn't happen, just that I have probably been lucky, and might have to do with the time of year that I usually cruise also.

But yes, I agree with you OP, I hate seeing rudeness however it happens, but I especially hate it when cruisers are being rude to the crew. These crew members have very hard jobs, but always seem to be able to keep a smile on their face, and seem genuinely to want you to have the best cruise ever.

But rude, and "me first", "me the most", "my vacation" etc seems to be a growing phenomenon.

A cruise ship is a small city and just about everything you find in a city will be found on the ship. Well, maybe not homeless panhandlers. But definitely rude people will be there.

In order to be rude, one first has to be unhappy. It is hard for me to understand how to be unhappy on a cruise ship, but some folks find a way.

I guess it depends on where you cruise from. We only cruise from Galveston and for the most part, have never had that problem. There was this one time that the ship was almost mostly full of Texans and this was a rowdy bunch. There are always a lot of Texans but this time it was like 10 to 1 Texans to everyone else must have been a break for them or something. But everywhere you looked it was rude disrespectful people.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

We too have stopped sailing Carnival because of the rude and very loud passengers. Since three years ago we have cruised NCL and Royal and didn't experience that at all, completely different crowd. We really enjoyed the Carnival ships, the crew, service and food were excellent. For some reason many more scooters than the other ships and indeed they are rude. Hopefully Carnival will up it's game and change a few of it's policies.