Getting in late to FLL - safety concerns?

disneygirl21

I have cruised 15 times but I was super little the last time we cruised out of FLL. We usually do Port Canaveral. My mom said there may be some safety concerns in Fort. Lauderdale at some points.

I currently have Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port in Dania Beach booked for the night. But wanted to make sure it would be safe for us arriving around midnight - 2 am? We are driving straight down the morning after our wedding.

I love when we would wake up in P.C and see the ocean and or the cruises and get ready and be excited! Any hotels that would give me this in Port Everglades?

TIA!!!!!

You are seriously planning to spend your wedding night at an entry-level Choice-group motel?

By all means change to a hotel overlooking the port such as the Hilton Marina or Pier Sixty Six. Or any hotel in the (very safe even in the middle of the night) SE 17 St area--driving in that late why stay at a cookie cutter airport hotel at a highway interchange when you could just as easily be as close to the port as possible. Though given that you will be checking out in only 8 or 9 hours the most important issue for you could be the ceiling over the bed being stain-free :o

You are seriously planning to spend your wedding night at an entry-level Choice-group motel?

By all means change to a hotel overlooking the port such as the Hilton Marina or Pier Sixty Six. Or any hotel in the (very safe even in the middle of the night) SE 17 St area--driving in that late why stay at a cookie cutter airport hotel at a highway interchange when you could just as easily be as close to the port as possible. Though given that you will be checking out in only 8 or 9 hours the most important issue for you could be the ceiling over the bed being stain-free :o

We are staying in a hotel by our reception our wedding night. We are waking up the next morning and driving down. We are getting married in Indiana.

I haven't heard of Pier Sixty Six. I wasn't sure of the area either! So SE 17th street is super helpful. Thank you! I had only booked a hotel - with no idea if we would actually stay there or not lol.

Depending on the time of year hotels in FLL can be very expensive. Since you are taking a long drive you might want to stop a little further north for the night maybe 1 to 2 hrs and do the short drive in the morning. You can probably save the amount you will spend in parking at the port. We usually stay at Port St Lucie or in that general area. I know you won't wake up to seeing the ships in port but you will see them when you drive in.

This, absolutely this.

I agree with Fishywood, stay on 17th Street. The Embassy Suites, Renaissance, and Hilton Marina all have rooms with views of the port and are in a busy, safe, area.

Call the hotels directly, explain it is your wedding night, and see if they can help you out.

Dania Beach can be sketchy at night. On 17th Street there are people out working and walking around 24/7. It is a very bustling area.

Sure hope you live in southern Indiana because from northern Indiana it is a LOOOOONG drive. Hyatt Place 17th. st. convention center is a real nice hotel, close to the port, ( 1 mile ) and they only charge $7 per night parking while you are cruising. Pier 66 or Hilton Marina charge a lot more per night. $ 20-25, per night.