Escambron Beach San Juan PR- anyone know current status

Anyone know the current status of Escambron Beach San Juan PR? I know bathrooms were out of order and only beaches where hotels have supposedly been cleaned up. This was a lovely beach and close so would like to know the extent of damage - how bad trees down etc...I would assume could still use a beach with some downed trees, but maybe I am wrong. Would love an update if someone could provide leave in 2 weeks.Could not find current info online.

Anyone know the current status of Escambron Beach San Juan PR? I know bathrooms were out of order and only beaches where hotels have supposedly been cleaned up. This was a lovely beach and close so would like to know the extent of damage - how bad trees down etc...I would assume could still use a beach with some downed trees, but maybe I am wrong. Would love an update if someone could provide leave in 2 weeks.Could not find current info online.

It was open when we left in the middle of March, the area has been cleaned up and the bathrooms and car park had re-opened

Last Saturday in afternoon, bathrooms were open but no snack bar and very crowded. We rode bikes by there and were trying to find somewhere to buy a drink. Beach appeared fine but really super crowded. There's other nicer beaches.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Which would you recommend close to cruise pier. I was trying to find something not too far from cruise pier as some in my group had considered Playa Pena Beach but I was concerned about this some a local said too isolated and possibly unsafe as homeless used to hang there before hurricane so I questioned safety even more now. Not a long stay and wanted something not too far from the pier.

Which would you recommend close to cruise pier. I was trying to find something not too far from cruise pier as some in my group had considered Playa Pena Beach but I was concerned about this some a local said too isolated and possibly unsafe as homeless used to hang there before hurricane so I questioned safety even more now. Not a long stay and wanted something not too far from the pier.
Are you coming from old san Juan or pan American? I'd go with Isla verde rather than escabrom. Is this a port stop or are you embarking here? What other ports are you going to? Are there kids in your group? Anyone who has mobility issues?

Thanks for this post! We're stopping in San Juan at the end of August and trying to figure out if we have enough time to visit any beaches since we are only in port from 7 am until 2 pm. Great reviews on TripAdvisor for both Isla Verde and Ocean Park. For those that have been- would we have enough time for either and if so, which is recommended?

Thanks for this post! We're stopping in San Juan at the end of August and trying to figure out if we have enough time to visit any beaches since we are only in port from 7 am until 2 pm. Great reviews on TripAdvisor for both Isla Verde and Ocean Park. For those that have been- would we have enough time for either and if so, which is recommended?

You'll have more than enough time. Just make sure to grab a taxi/uber back by 1pm. Both are really nearby the cruise terminals. Ocean Park is closer, Isla Verde have an express way.

You'll have more than enough time. Just make sure to grab a taxi/uber back by 1pm. Both are really nearby the cruise terminals. Ocean Park is closer, Isla Verde have an express way.

Thanks Carlo! Is one nicer than the other- or which would you recommend?

Thanks Carlo! Is one nicer than the other- or which would you recommend?

Well, it depends the day you're getting to the port. If it is on a weekend, both tend to get crowded. I personally like Ocean Park better. There are many places to eat that are relatively close. Isla Verde is huge, so it depends on the spot where you get dropped off to find something nice to eat by the beach. If you decide to go to Isla Verde, try Pine Groove Beach, it has the nicest beach front bars and spots. It is a safe area as well.

Well, it depends the day you're getting to the port. If it is on a weekend, both tend to get crowded. I personally like Ocean Park better. There are many places to eat that are relatively close. Isla Verde is huge, so it depends on the spot where you get dropped off to find something nice to eat by the beach. If you decide to go to Isla Verde, try Pine Groove Beach, it has the nicest beach front bars and spots. It is a safe area as well.

Thanks again! We are in on a Thursday, so shouldn't have to worry about the weekend crowds. I am going to make notes on both of these beaches and make a final decision a week or two before we cruise!

Are you coming from old san Juan or pan American? I'd go with Isla verde rather than escabrom. Is this a port stop or are you embarking here? What other ports are you going to? Are there kids in your group? Anyone who has mobility issues?

A cruise ship port stop do not understand what you mean about Pan American but the Allure docks near the old San Juan area. Will have children but no one with mobility issues will be going along.

We were just in San Juan 2 weeks ago on Oasis. We went to Arrecifi at Isla Verde, right in front of Alambique Beach Front Bar and Grill. Have been to this beach a few times and it is really nice. $18 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. Alambique allows you to use their bathrooms. We plan to go back there in Dec. About a 15-20 minute ride from the port. Vendors out there making Pinchos and Empadadas (spelling is probably wrong-lol)

We asked our cab driver to come back and pick us up at 12:30 and she was there waiting for us when we got off the beach.

Confused now. Looked up Isla Verde beaches and multiple (stopped at 15) reviewers warned that water at that beach there was too rough for children. Our party will be made up of Adults and children and not really looking for a real commercial beach just a suitable beach near RCCL port.

A local had recommended Escambron so would like to know why not recommended here.

Also are the cabs the same in PR whether you choose a beach 1 mile away or 3 miles away?

Much of info on the internet in Spanish so could not read.

• 11 months later...