Drinking water on board the Nieuw Amsterdam?

Grenouille21

Here is what the Zaandam is offering for our upcoming cruise: 6 one-liter bottles

6 Bottle Evian Water Package Price$27.60

Or a 12 pack for $42. They also sell one gallon distilled water jugs, which I assume works with passenger's CPAP machines.

• 1 year later...

Posting late but I will anyway. 

I take a small sample sized bottle of dish detergent with me and a clean cloth, and give my ice buckets a cleaning before I use them. I'm sure HAL does clean them but hey, better safe than sorry.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, KroozNut said:

Amazed as to why OP hasn't returned to this thread to reap all the great advice provided here!

No one has actually answered the OP's question...

There was was a report that one of the new ships has a modern "fill your bottle" water station.  My hotel has one attached to the lobby water fountain: you place your bottle on the "ledge" in the system and it is filled up.  The bottle never touches the filler.  The airport at San Francisco has these now, too.   

The photo below is a sample of the new bottle filling stations:

896023932_ScreenShot2019-10-13at2_42_16PM.thumb.png.ccf7f6ea6836e190fff350fe8c7d95f7.png

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

There was was a report that one of the new ships has a modern "fill your bottle" water station.  My hotel has one attached to the lobby water fountain: you place your bottle on the "ledge" in the system and it is filled up.  The bottle never touches the filler.  The airport at San Francisco has these now, too.   

896023932_ScreenShot2019-10-13at2_42_16PM.thumb.png.ccf7f6ea6836e190fff350fe8c7d95f7.png

The gym I go to at home has these too.

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I’m hoping the stories are true and these water filling stations are on the new ships!!! I use these all over the place in my hometown and when I travel and they are fantastic and in my experience are totally sanitary (plus the water is chilled!). We sail on Niuew Statendam next month. 

On 4/30/2018 at 12:28 AM, KroozNut said:

I know you specifically mentioned 'not tap water from the sink', but this is some of the best and purest water you'll find on a cruise ship.

You'd be amazed at the process the ships use for purifying their potable water, so don't be afraid to take advantage of it. It's free and readily available..

I am very happy to hear it's good tap water on the Nieuw Amsterdam, I would much prefer free water, than purchasing bottled water (considering the price) Some cruise lines bottled water package is much cheaper than HA.  Oh well.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:13 PM, navybankerteacher said:

That glass holding that something is presumably washed - do ice buckets ever get washed?

On one of the Royal Caribbean ships, we had our cabin steward's supervisor come to talk w/ us.   She said they sterilize the ice buckets.

HAL's tongs are hard to retrieve ice, so I use a spoon instead.

Edited by knittinggirl

3 hours ago, Dulciana8 said:

I’m hoping the stories are true and these water filling stations are on the new ships!!! I use these all over the place in my hometown and when I travel and they are fantastic and in my experience are totally sanitary (plus the water is chilled!). We sail on Niuew Statendam next month. 

Saw one of those water dispensers at the Houston airport, and it worked great!