Salalah disembarkation ban

Cowboy Ranger

The numbers reported correctly at time of sending the previous evening. 2 more cases presented during the night. Captain correctly informed authorities as soon as they came aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Verbally. With incorrect paperwork. Government authorities anywhere don’t like incorrect paperwork.

Just wanted to say, I am on Crystal and we were in port together today. I had fabulous tour with a private guide in Salalah and there is so much to see, when you go outside the city. Sorry that you did not experience this place and I wish the guests onboard that are sick, get well soon.

Elisabeth

I agree there is much to see once you get outside Salalah. We did a private tour out last year. Had a lovely day. The coastline is quite spectacular in places. Sorry Journey missed it.

Phil

Verbally. With incorrect paperwork. Government authorities anywhere don’t like incorrect paperwork.
The paperwork was correct when submitted and correct when amended the next morning. Period.

DW was on all day private tour that got off as authorities boarded. She and her fellow travelers liked the camel ranch.....

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

Yes, and regardless of when the changed figures were processed the reaction of the authorities seems to have been completely disproportionate. They could have delayed clearance, called for face to face checks a whole range of other option.

I feel for those onboard having seen the constantly changing goal posts and inconsistent behaviours between ports in the same country that they have had to work round this last month.

And my final thought, in the scale of things this was a fairly routine piece of paper. How many of you can honestly say you’ve not had to do a late update or corrections on a routine document one you do many times in a year?

Yes, and regardless of when the changed figures were processed the reaction of the authorities seems to have been completely disproportionate. They could have delayed clearance, called for face to face checks a whole range of other option.

I feel for those onboard having seen the constantly changing goal posts and inconsistent behaviours between ports in the same country that they have had to work round this last month.

And my final thought, in the scale of things this was a fairly routine piece of paper. How many of you can honestly say you’ve not had to do a late update or corrections on a routine document one you do many times in a year?

Yes. India has been a challenge in the past and comments made by some officers in advance of our arrivals indicated it would be unnecessarily bureaucratic again. But, for passengers at least, India was three easy immigration experiences, with smiling and friendly officials. Kudos to Journey officers and staff for an efficient process and to Indian officials for welcoming cruise passengers to their country.

And Muscat was an easy experience as well so Oman can handle things well as long as individuals do not throw a spanner in the works.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

India is fine so long as you are not disembarking there. Two or three years ago we disembarked in Mumbai & used the Azamara transfer to get to the airport. We went through security in the terminal building and got on the bus, which then went to the port gate, where we found we were in a queue of 9 buses. All the luggage was being taken off each bus in turn & put through an X-Ray machine. One and a half hours later we were still there. It was only because my OH and another guy went to talk to the authorities that we were allowed to go to the front of the queue. The Mumbai traffic was horrendous and we only just got our plane and it was an extremely stressful experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

India is fine so long as you are not disembarking there. Two or three years ago we disembarked in Mumbai & used the Azamara transfer to get to the airport. We went through security in the terminal building and got on the bus, which then went to the port gate, where we found we were in a queue of 9 buses. All the luggage was being taken off each bus in turn & put through an X-Ray machine. One and a half hours later we were still there. It was only because my OH and another guy went to talk to the authorities that we were allowed to go to the front of the queue. The Mumbai traffic was horrendous and we only just got our plane and it was an extremely stressful experience.

Just goes to show how we can each have completely different experiences. I recently disembarked from another ship in Mumbai, it was so quick and easy that I got to the airport before the check-in desks for my flight were open!!! My only inconvenience was having to wait for half an hour outside the cruise terminal (once you collect your bags you have to exit the building) before getting the port shuttle to the port gate to meet up with my Emirates courtesy car. Granted it was Sunday but even at 10.30 in the morning there was so little traffic that the driver gave me an additional sightseeing tour of Mumbai before heading out to the airport and I was still there 45 minutes before check-in began...

Otherwise, as with Cowboy Ranger, all other ports in India were easily negotiated, and I only had an e-visa not a full tourist visa issued by an Embassy...

Anne..

Maybe we were unlucky. There were a lot of buses all going to the port gates at the same time.

Or I was very lucky, which I have to admit is what I thought at the time..:)

Anne..

I wonder if that was the cruise we were on. Like you we queued for over an hour until we had almost reached the front of the queue when one of the passengers on the coach said that she had taken a water tablet before leaving the ship and now needed to return urgently to the ship to use the facilities [no toilets at the port gate]. When we returned to the port gate we were at the back of the queue again! Fortunately we made it to the airport in time to catch the flight. :)

Not sure if it was that cruise - ours was Athens to Mumbai 2014 ( just checked the date and was amazed to see it was 4 years ago). We were definitely not on the same bus as you as we didn’t have to go back to the terminal. However the traffic was so bad that we only just made the airport in time. My OH told the guide to ring ahead and warn BA that there were 12 of us on the bus for the same flight. They were great, they had people waiting outside the departure doors waiting to assist us all and make sure we got on the plane. It was also very memorable for us, as we had booked business class, but got offered first class at a very small additional cost, which we took. It was a fantastic experience! We’ll never be able to afford to do it again.

Not sure if it was that cruise - ours was Athens to Mumbai 2014 ( just checked the date and was amazed to see it was 4 years ago). We were definitely not on the same bus as you as we didn’t have to go back to the terminal. However the traffic was so bad that we only just made the airport in time. My OH told the guide to ring ahead and warn BA that there were 12 of us on the bus for the same flight. They were great, they had people waiting outside the departure doors waiting to assist us all and make sure we got on the plane. It was also very memorable for us, as we had booked business class, but got offered first class at a very small additional cost, which we took. It was a fantastic experience! We’ll never be able to afford to do it again.

No, ours was the previous year on the Journey. Singapore - Mumbai [spice Route]. Even more surprised to see that that was 5 years ago!