Heads up folks - there's a WOW sale going on!

How can we tell if price of a cruise before final payment has gone down if the catergory that we picked shows as sold out? Do we just call royal at this time and ask? Is it the cruise fare price or total with taxes that we would be looking at.

If the category is sold out, there is no price to go down.

If the category is sold out, there is no price to go down.

Thank you for the explanation, i found one on orbitz for like 100 cheaper then what we paid but im not sure if their system is just glitching with it being sold out on royal's website

Thank you for the explanation, i found one on [a TA site] for like 100 cheaper then what we paid but im not sure if their system is just glitching with it being sold out on royal's website

Could be that travel agents have some group space booked earlier at lower prices.

I am so upset! The cruise I want for March 2019 is now $800 more than when I first started looking at prices the end of March of this year. It went up $500 with this current wow sale.

Can anyone give me any hope that it will go back down? Will they ever have the 30% sale again?

Thank you!

Ditto. The cruise lines rely on the ignorance of NON CC'ers to pay the insane prices. My cruise has doubled in price.

And you know unfortunately, the majority of cruisers are NOT on messageboards like CC. Majority of people with any particular interest group are not on forums actually.

Will they ever have the 30% sale again?

Probably next week. And the week after that. And so on.

As I'm sure you've noticed, 30%, 50%, BOGO, this terminology is irrelevant and means nothing. Look at the bottom line price. If you are satisfied, book it, and then keep an eye out for price drops.

I am so upset! The cruise I want for March 2019 is now $800 more than when I first started looking at prices the end of March of this year. It went up $500 with this current wow sale.

Can anyone give me any hope that it will go back down? Will they ever have the 30% sale again?

Thank you!

The prices for a certain cruise are not really dependent on any sales. It really has to do with supply and demand. If the sailing you are looking at is meeting targets for demand, and supply is dropping, then the price will not go back down, it doesn't matter what sale is going on. It is best to book as soon as you see a rate you are comfortable with.

There is no way anybody here can tell you whether the cost will go back down, but many times it does not, unless it gets really close to full and they start offering gty rooms and you are willing to take one.

And you know unfortunately, the majority of cruisers are NOT on messageboards like CC. Majority of people with any particular interest group are not on forums actually.

There could be a guy sitting next you at dinner that paid double what you paid, but he thought RC's "sale of the year" was truly the best price he'd ever find. So he's happy with it, because he doesn't know any better.

Ignorance is bliss.

The prices for a certain cruise are not really dependent on any sales. It really has to do with supply and demand. If the sailing you are looking at is meeting targets for demand, and supply is dropping, then the price will not go back down, it doesn't matter what sale is going on. It is best to book as soon as you see a rate you are comfortable with.

There is no way anybody here can tell you whether the cost will go back down, but many times it does not, unless it gets really close to full and they start offering gty rooms and you are willing to take one.

This sums it up well.

My next Oasis sailing was booked in February and ever since, the price has slowly risen and is currently about $500+ more than what I paid. Will the price suddenly drop over $500 for one stateroom between now and final payment in August? Unlikely. But you never know.

I watching prices for 5 different cruises, that I may book on my cruise this week. Every one of them went up $100 with this sale. I guess that's to cover the $100 OBC they are giving.

Exactly. I know we would put the OBC to good use, but I'd rather have those savings upfront.

Every time I hear of a new sale on Royal Caribbean, I can't help but think of Flounder from Animal House saying, "Oh boy, this is gonna be great!";p

:rolleyes:

This site really NEEDS a "like" button

So I just looked on another booking website ~ not RC and the price on that website is the original price of $800 less than the current wow sale on RC.

Could that be right?? I have never booked through another website. We have always booked directly with the cruise line

Thank you so much for your help!

There could be a guy sitting next you at dinner that paid double what you paid, but he thought RC's "sale of the year" was truly the best price he'd ever find. So he's happy with it, because he doesn't know any better.

Ignorance is bliss.

There should be more happy people.. MuHaHa :evilsmile:

We have some good prices on suites here in Australia with the earlybird sale

Got $500 OBC ,didn’t get that last year.

Does anyone find prices for suites have jumped a lot since 4 years ago,a lot more than inflation.?

A few people down here think it’s because RC has got a good foot hold in the market so are putting their prices up.

This sums it up well.

My next Oasis sailing was booked in February and ever since, the price has slowly risen and is currently about $500+ more than what I paid. Will the price suddenly drop over $500 for one stateroom between now and final payment in August? Unlikely. But you never know.

It can happen, two days before final on our allure cruise this year, we had been booked in a bw balcony, and even though that price was now $1k more for the four of us, we were able to switch to a ocean view balcony and save $600. I assume some ta had a large block booked that didn't sell, so they released them.

I know this had nothing to do with any sale going on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

This sums it up well.

For our next cruise this August that I have been tracking since this January (on the Oasis but I also track the Allure cruise over the same week), the best price I have seen for both ships was towards the end of February when a whole bunch of inside, OV, neighborhood balcony and JS GUAR fares started showing up, maybe over a period of 5 to 7 days. I saw a price so low that I had to call my TA on a Sunday and make them work to secure the price. That particular fare stayed for one more day on Monday and then went up on Tuesday. It has never gone back to that level since then and lately fares of all cabin types just keep going up, GUAR or not. My lessons learned here is that I don't really care about what promo they are calling it (BOGOHO, WOW or 30% off) ... just keep monitoring frequently and look at the final price + OBC.

So I just looked on another booking website ~ not RC and the price on that website is the original price of $800 less than the current wow sale on RC.

Could that be right?? I have never booked through another website. We have always booked directly with the cruise line

Thank you so much for your help!

More than likely it's because that TA has booked a group and has locked in a certain price, and is selling those rooms at whatever price they held.

When we see "sale" in RCI marketing we understand it to mean "a period during which a merchant sells goods at reduced prices".

When RCI uses "sale" in marketing it means to say "the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something".