Cost of NCL airport and hotel transfers

zitsky

Yikes! Both transfers and excursions seem ridiculously overpriced on NCL. They want $130 to transfer two people in SCL.

Even in the least expensive paces it is almost always less expensive to arrange private transport than it is to use NCL transfers. The transfer fee, even in Miami is more than a cab.

Even in the least expensive paces it is almost always less expensive to arrange private transport than it is to use NCL transfers. The transfer fee, even in Miami is more than a cab.

It's just the question if you or the hotel can give good directions to the driver.

I just looked at Miami, and it showed $16 per person. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Am I looking at it wrong?

You are correct its 16 dollars per person. I always do a NCL transfer, its cheaper then Taxi since I am solo.

You are correct its 16 dollars per person. I always do a NCL transfer, its cheaper then Taxi since I am solo.

I just did this 2 weeks ago as it was much cheaper than a taxi since I sailed solo. Unfortunately going back to the airport I had to pay $27 for the ride as I had an 11am flight to catch and couldn't wait on the shuttle.

dial7.com

lincolnlimousine.com

OP mentioned SCL (Santiago Chile) which is 11/2 hours from the port in San Antonio.

OP...note that the chart cited is for a transfer to the airport. I would suggest a private transfer if you are staying on a Santiago hotel. Google is your friend. I was checking prices for a transfer to Santiago and you could find a transfer with a full day tour of wineries for about that price. There is also a bus (I forget the exact amount but it was less than $10 pp)..google TripAdvisor threads for instructions.

OP mentioned SCL (Santiago Chile) which is 11/2 hours from the port in San Antonio.

OP...note that the chart cited is for a transfer to the airport. I would suggest a private transfer if you are staying on a Santiago hotel. Google is your friend. I was checking prices for a transfer to Santiago and you could find a transfer with a full day tour of wineries for about that price. There is also a bus (I forget the exact amount but it was less than $10 pp)..google TripAdvisor threads for instructions.

Thanks. I haven't googled much yet because I'm just getting started. That is my next step.

We started taking a cab a couple of years ago and it was indeed cheaper for two to take a taxi to and from the airport in Tampa, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Even if I were going by myself I would take a cab. It beats sitting in a hot bus waiting for it to fill before they will leave.

I don't know if it is as advantageous to do this from LAX to the cruise dock and back but that is a question for another thread.

Good luck.

Yikes! Both transfers and excursions seem ridiculously overpriced on NCL. They want $130 to transfer two people in SCL.

This is your transfer to AND from the ship. Just to clarify. So consider it $32.50 per person per direction if that makes it seem any better.

One thing I like about doing NCL transfers is you don’t have to worry with your luggage once you board the bus. They take care of it from that point on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We started taking a cab a couple of years ago and it was indeed cheaper for two to take a taxi to and from the airport in Tampa, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Even if I were going by myself I would take a cab. It beats sitting in a hot bus waiting for it to fill before they will leave.

I don't know if it is as advantageous to do this from LAX to the cruise dock and back but that is a question for another thread.

Good luck.

We’ve never waited more than 10-15 minutes in Miami. They are running buses pretty much every 15 minutes all morning back and forth to the port. Last trip we were off the plane, baggage claimed and on the ship in about 40-45 minutes. Couldn’t complain one bit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 years later...

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT USE NCL AIRPORT TRANSFERS.  Just happened again March 2023.

TWO CRUISES, TWO YEARS IN A ROW and hundreds were left standing at the port for 3 hourswaiting for buses to arrive to take the couple of hundred people that paid for airport transfers.

They don't have enough buses contracted and many had to leave and get Uber or cabs to make their flights.  

Edited by jeri.rigged.223