French Braiding

Smerica

Does anyone know if they will French braid your hair in the salon on the ship and how much it generally costs? I have long hair and it’s better managed when it’s pulled back and I am not capable of French braiding it myself.

Thanks!

If your not shy you could always go out to pool deck and chat it up with a few ladies and see if someone on the boat knows how to french braid and ask them to do it as cb said you will pay a fortune in the salon - also depending on what islands your going to especially in the caribbean when you get off the boat you might be able to find someone to do it

If your not shy you could always go out to pool deck and chat it up with a few ladies and see if someone on the boat knows how to french braid and ask them to do it as cb said you will pay a fortune in the salon - also depending on what islands your going to especially in the caribbean when you get off the boat you might be able to find someone to do it

Be cautious off ship. I've read reports that combs are not cleaned well between clients and some have gotten head lice that way. Also, braids in Caribbean ports tend to be the tight "corn row" style and not a basic French braid. If you go this route, be sure to apply sunscreen to exposed scalp.

I don't know how much success you'll have finding someone on board, but you never know. I have some success keeping my hair back with sectioned ponytails that combine into each other (can explain further if needed, but sort of like a "French ponytail") or twisting two sections of hair along each side and pinning.

You will pay a fortune (compared to land prices) no matter what you have done onboard at the salon. French braiding is not difficult to do, and much less time consuming than a wash, blow dry and style. I can french braid my daughter and grand-daughter's long hair in about 10-12 minutes per head and I am not a hair stylist. It may not be as expensive as you might think to have done at the ship's salon. :)

They can definitely do it, but you'll pay a premium for that service...figure about 3 times what it would cost on land. I'd just do a pony-tail and forget about it!

Actually salon charges for hair are fairly reasonable.

If you have time, you could find a salon at your port of embarkation. I had my nails done at a salon in Cocoa Beach the night before we embarked on a cruise. The price was very reasonable.

If you have the type of hair that will last all cruise, this is a good idea (or at least a way to help reduce costs). My hair barely lasts a day in a braid (too fine/slippy) and would never last over night.

Is there a certain day you want it for? If you just want it any time for the trip I'd better a neighborhood would do it. My daughter and her friends can do crazy amazing french and other braids in like 3 minutes!