Bed by Veranda question

edgee

What are the chances of getting a suite with a water bed that is perpendicular with the headboard toward the bathroom. That way I could feel as if I was sleeping on a ship in the middle of an ocean..... oh wait..... well, if nothing else it might be easier to roll out of bed if timing is right. How many people can deny they are over fifty and never owned a water bed? :cool:

I never had a water bed because I was always worried the cat would puncture it while we slept and we'd go rushing down the stairs and out the front door and then the neighbors would call the police and then the newspapers would show up and who wants to be on the front page of a newspaper sitting on the front lawn, wearing a granny gown and dripping water???

We have taken 7 cruises on Solstice class ships, but have always chosen cabins with bed closer to bath rather than closer to verandah door. Cabin availability is tight on our next cruise, so, looks like we will have bed close to verandah door.

Would appreciate thoughts about pros and cons for having bed closer to verandah and also wondered how close the bed is to the verandah door curtains...is there plenty of room to get out of bed on the verandah side without brushing against curtains?

Thanks!

This photo is from Eclipse 6264, I did not have problems for the space between the bed and the window.

31947286_2079301745645952_929101004941557760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ac9644cdc2177a3219f01e14c19e03b4&oe=5B981F3C

I never had a water bed because I was always worried the cat would puncture it while we slept and we'd go rushing down the stairs and out the front door and then the neighbors would call the police and then the newspapers would show up and who wants to be on the front page of a newspaper sitting on the front lawn, wearing a granny gown and dripping water???

You have a point. How many people have had similar nightmares, I wonder? :cool:

And at times I do miss it :)

Nothing quite like coming home late at night from a very long trip, just waiting to sink into the water bed, to find out the heater went out while I was away. I don't think there were enough sleeping bags to insulate the cold water.... ah yes, those were the days my friend.....:D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be negative but doors should be kept closed...esp overnight..creates loud whooshing noise problems in the hallway and for other cabins..AC issues for others etc,..,..,Cruiseline requests closing it,,,, use of CC search feature will show threads abt this issue..

May seem nice but it does create problems for others and staff who have to track down the source....many not aware of this,,..

Sorry to be negative but doors should be kept closed...esp overnight..creates loud whooshing noise problems in the hallway and for other cabins..AC issues for others etc,..,..,Cruiseline requests closing it,,,, use of CC search feature will show threads abt this issue..

May seem nice but it does create problems for others and staff who have to track down the source....many not aware of this,,..

I didn't mean we kept it open ALL night Only while we are winding down watching t.v. etc. before going to sleep

We have yet another reason why we love the bed by the veranda. Electric/wheelchairs! Having the small electric chair for DH makes the bed by the veranda so much easier to maneuver. Only problem is the one we have does NOT fit thru the cabin door easily. I have to break it down and lift it in sideways. Seems on Edge, which we will be sailing in January, has indications on our cabin (E2) and other cabins that the doorways are handicapped accessible. Now THAT will be a treat. We did pick a cabin with the bed by the veranda but with this being a different ship we'll see how it works.

Pat C

This is one of 'those' threads that amuses me simply because I've never given an smidgen of thought as to where the bed might be.

Gotta admit - bed by balcony vs. sofa by balcony has never once entered our thought process either when booking a cruise. Even reading some of the replies here as to why it is important to many people, it still makes no sense to me.