mobile phone use in AL ports

dorchrislen

I am sure the OP ment AK, there is only one port in AL that cruise ships sail. Plus that would be a really long sailing to get to Alaska from Mobile, Alabama.

Plus we can assume by the OP posting on the Alaska board, they ment Alaska.

I have Sprint as my carrier. Anyone have info about how that works in the Alaska ports.

Thanks

We have Sprint and didn't have any issues in Juneau, Ketchikan and Sitka, although in Sitka we had to wait until we got into town before we had a signal. Didn't pay too much attention to he we roamed with, though - only needed to make a few quick calls to make sure everything was OK back home....

T-Mobile's standard service provides voice and data coverage throughout North America, Canada, USA, and Mexico. T-Mobile's online coverage maps promise good voice and data in Ketchikan and Juneau (although, oddly, it indicates you may need to move a block or so away from the dock). Voice only in Skagway, but perhaps roaming data (included on T-Mobile).

I haven't looked at Victoria.

T-Mobile's standard service provides voice and data coverage throughout North America, Canada, USA, and Mexico. T-Mobile's online coverage maps promise good voice and data in Ketchikan and Juneau (although, oddly, it indicates you may need to move a block or so away from the dock). Voice only in Skagway, but perhaps roaming data (included on T-Mobile).

I haven't looked at Victoria.

Thank you! Good to know.

We have Verizon with their International plan. You can check their website for their coverage area in the ports you will be visiting. If we use our phones in Canada it will be $5.00/each day of use, unlimited talk and text, data limit same as our regular plan. Our last trip to Alaska, 2011, no Verizon in Alaska. Good point by a previous poster: check your phone to see if you are roaming before making a call.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Verizon does very well in Anchorage. The hotel I was living in, in downtown Anchorage had horrible free wifi, that as the hotel started filling, stopped working completely. I used my VZ data plan, and the LTE was excellent...as a matter of fact, for the first time, I utilized the "hot spot" personal wifi feature to connect my laptop with...:cool:

Just back from Ruby Princess. My Verizon cell worked in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. But once you get out of the city area....coverage is spotty.

Thank you, good to hear from a Verizon customer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums