Everybody Loves Raymond

Just thought I'd share that I was just watching the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where they go on a cruise, and found it pretty cool that they showed the Mardi Gras! The cabin steward, although, said that they were on a Princess ship. The episode was made in 1999, so O think long after Mardi Gras left the fleet. The even mentioned skeet shooting off the back of the ship! Of the 90's..

• Like 1

I LOVE EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND! It is my absolute favorite show and besides Young and the Restless, is the only thing I watch on TV! I saw that episode last night too and thought how cheezy everything looked. However, the part about eating so much and gaining weight on a cruise was very accurate!

That's actually one of my favorite episodes for so many reasons. who am I kidding - I have a bunch of favorites!

And just not at night. It was not a large amount just a bag here and there.

Driving golf balls, skeet shooting, watching bags of garbage go out the lower deck door at night, etc....

I think everyone can think of someone in their extended family and in-laws who reminds them of an ELR character. I love that show too. I love how Marie really got into her cruise, and Raymond not so much except for the food. Doesn't that remind you of some of the Carnival customers who post on this board? Lol. Thanks for sharing a Raymond cruise memory.

Now that you mention golf balls, there was a Seinfeld show.......

George: The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell you he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy, big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing, I could see directly into the eye of the great fish.

Jerry: Mammal.

George: Whatever.

George: Well then, from out of nowhere, a huge tidal wave lifted me, tossed me like a cork, and I found myself right on top of him - face to face with the blowhole. I could barely see from the waves crashing down upon me, but I knew something was there. So I reached my hand in, felt around, and pulled out the obstruction.

George: [reveals the obstruction to be a golf ball]

Kramer: What is that, a Titleist?

[George Nods]

Kramer: A hole in one, huh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think everyone can think of someone in their extended family and in-laws who reminds them of an ELR character. I love that show too. I love how Marie really got into her cruise, and Raymond not so much except for the food. Doesn't that remind you of some of the Carnival customers who post on this board? Lol. Thanks for sharing a Raymond cruise memory.

Funny you say that . For years I have proclaimed that ELR is modeled after my family. I am Raymond. My mother is splitting image of Marie (Italian over bearing and over protective mother ).

My brother is Robert (son who lived at home for many years and even when he lived away from home, he boarded with an Italian family that looked after him).

It’s painfully scary

Sent from my iPhone using Forums