Calling cruise lines

barcuss

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Cruise will offer any specials that everyone sees like a drink package. It has been my experience that when my TA calls, she also can get the drinks package for us and gives us extra perks as a thank you for booking with her company.

We haven't but I know Carnival will not allow any TA to sell their cruise for less than Carnival's actual cost. Don't know whether other cruise lines do this. Sometimes a TA will lower their commission for you but the cruise line does get their cost.

Once. We called RCI in Australia. Prices were substantially better than our on line US TA.

Halfway through the booking the agent commented that a cabin just that moment came free in the 'seniors' pool (we were only 12 days out from embarkation). Two doors down from the cabin that we were in the process of booking. We grabbed it because it came with a $300AUD each saving. It was that way through the entire conversation with this agent.

Yes, Princess does allow TAs to discount fares.

I use a TA who is a high volume Princess seller & I regularly get a discount. This TA is not a big box TA; she is several states away. We work together via email & phone.

Good service!