Carnival Vista Cherry on Top Ice-cream

gotscrapz

Hi has anyone recently sailed the Vista who went to Cherry on Top for Ice-cream?

I had read in an older post that they have an ice-cream station similiar to Cold Stone - true? Prices? Also that they have amazing ice-cream sandwhiches? Prices?

Thank you!

This is true...we were on the Vista back in November and my little girl and I shared an ice cream from Cherry on Top. It was fantastic! I can't recall the exact pricing, but I thought it was very reasonable for what we got! It was great sitting out on the Lanai with her sharing our ice cream. One of my favorite memories of our cruise!

This is true...we were on the Vista back in November and my little girl and I shared an ice cream from Cherry on Top. It was fantastic! I can't recall the exact pricing, but I thought it was very reasonable for what we got! It was great sitting out on the Lanai with her sharing our ice cream. One of my favorite memories of our cruise!

Thank you !

I’ve heard you can walk out onto the patio to eat the ice cream right there at Cherries On Top. Is that true?

I’ve heard you can walk out onto the patio to eat the ice cream right there at Cherries On Top. Is that true?

Yes...there's seating on the Lanai just outside of the Cherry on Top store. That's where my daughter and I shared our little treat. I don't normally pay for a lot of extras like this kind of ice cream or specialty coffee/shake drinks. But it was a treat for the little one and the cost was minimal, so it was definitely worth it in my book.

• Like 1

Nah. We bypass the paid stuff and ate the free stuff

Carnival seems to have changed the free stuff. I used to use the free stuff as a coffee creamer and it was wonderful.

Last cruise, I used the free stuff and it barely turned my coffee a murky gray, which makes me wonder if they are using a new brand or something similar to "ice milk."

I quit eating the free ice cream b/c it's not worth the calories anymore. :(

• Like 1

I tried it couple weeks ago. Similar to Coldstone, but wasn’t as good honestly the ice cream was bit soft. But they have mix ins and toppings like caramel and “hot” fudge. Also they will put a ton of can whipped cream on it if f you want. The price was similar, my daughter and I each got small with an extra mix in I think was around $7.

Note in early afternoon they have free homemade icecream on lido that was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last cruise, I used the free stuff and it barely turned my coffee a murky gray, which makes me wonder if they are using a new brand or something similar to "ice milk."

:(

. Think your coffee was old? Do you know you can check? If you get a coffee. Add in a creamer. The older it is the creamer sinks to the bottom. Fresh coffee the creamer comes right up to the top

. Think your coffee was old? Do you know you can check? If you get a coffee. Add in a creamer. The older it is the creamer sinks to the bottom. Fresh coffee the creamer comes right up to the top

It's possible I suppose. I doubt my coffee was too old b/c I am usually up & wondering around at 6:00 or so.

The free ice cream on the Conquest in April just tasted "off." Not as creamy. I'd love to have real ice cream if they had it available on other ships besides the brand new ones.

• 3 months later...
It's possible I suppose. I doubt my coffee was too old b/c I am usually up & wondering around at 6:00 or so.

The free ice cream on the Conquest in April just tasted "off." Not as creamy. I'd love to have real ice cream if they had it available on other ships besides the brand new ones.

The mix they use in their soft serve machines does seem to vary quite a bit. Sometimes it is smooth and creamy and wonderful. On other ships or even at other times it is not as pure white and is grainy and nowhere near as good.

Dear gotscrapz,

Your going to have fun. Ice Cream on Carnival ships is great. Your paying for your cruise and nothing is actually FREE.

Cheery-On-Top on the VISTA is nice and the staffing is done well. The items are selected and available for purchases. It does drive revues and thus profits. The locatiojn is a large area so you well know it does help the Bottomline.

--------------------------------------------X

Hi has anyone recently sailed the Vista who went to Cherry on Top for Ice-cream?

I had read in an older post that they have an ice-cream station similiar to Cold Stone - true? Prices? Also that they have amazing ice-cream sandwhiches? Prices?

Thank you!