Carnival loses luggage and doesn't care!

To make that theory believable, you would need people in another cabin who do not know what their luggage looks like, and don't open all their luggage.

Actually on our last cruise we met a guy wearing clothes from the Carnival gift shop and he said his luggage was lost. All of his clothes and some expensive underwater cameras. We got a letter on second day as did everyone asking for us to check to see if we had extra luggage. We ran into the guy a couple of days later wearing normal attire and he said that is what had happened, the luggage was delivered to the wrong room and it took those folks a couple of days to realize it, and that was only after they finally read the letter carnival had sent out. So that exact scenario does happen.

So I wanted to add a conclusion to those that might still might be following this thread. After two emails "unanswered" and a phone call that ended up with nothing good, I decided to expand my outreach to individuals that might be slightly more concerned with how Carnival was reacting to customer service deficiency's. I sent out one further email to all of the board of directors of Carnival and tagged all of the Carnival officers.

It took about 15 minutes before I received an email from the director of customer service. She politely ask me to respond with a specific time to which she could call me and discuss my concerns. I setup a time for the next morning. After about a 25 minute conversation she was in complete agreement that not only did Carnival drop the ball they could have and should have done so much more to have made this trip a success. "I know that statement alone will shock many who posted on this thread that Carnival handle the situation appropriately." She was very concern, showed empathy and quite frankly shocked at how we were treated. She informed me that she wanted to discuss the issue further with her boss and she would call me back shortly. She did indeed call back within the hour and advise me that Carnival was requesting a do-over with our trip. Were going to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. So Carnival has given us a full credit towards a new cruise with them.

Quite frankly it was way more then I expected but after hearing our plight she thought it was the correct move. So yes it was a challenge and took almost two months to get resolution and going way up the food chain, Carnival finally took care of us. My wife and myself will give Carnival a second go and hope that memories created on this second trip will wipe out the nightmares of the first one. :D

I'm glad your persistence with Carnival paid off. They were the only ones who could resolve this issue for you.

So I wanted to add a conclusion to those that might still might be following this thread. After two emails "unanswered" and a phone call that ended up with nothing good, I decided to expand my outreach to individuals that might be slightly more concerned with how Carnival was reacting to customer service deficiency's. I sent out one further email to all of the board of directors of Carnival and tagged all of the Carnival officers.

It took about 15 minutes before I received an email from the director of customer service. She politely ask me to respond with a specific time to which she could call me and discuss my concerns. I setup a time for the next morning. After about a 25 minute conversation she was in complete agreement that not only did Carnival drop the ball they could have and should have done so much more to have made this trip a success. "I know that statement alone will shock many who posted on this thread that Carnival handle the situation appropriately." She was very concern, showed empathy and quite frankly shocked at how we were treated. She informed me that she wanted to discuss the issue further with her boss and she would call me back shortly. She did indeed call back within the hour and advise me that Carnival was requesting a do-over with our trip. Were going to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. So Carnival has given us a full credit towards a new cruise with them.

Quite frankly it was way more then I expected but after hearing our plight she thought it was the correct move. So yes it was a challenge and took almost two months to get resolution and going way up the food chain, Carnival finally took care of us. My wife and myself will give Carnival a second go and hope that memories created on this second trip will wipe out the nightmares of the first one. :D

Good for you and thank you for coming back and giving us an update. As asking is the basis for receiving, you have done a great service for others who think nothing they do will help or can come to a satisfactory conclusion. Thank you for continuing your pursuit despite our negative responses to your journey (I include myself).

Ramona

Thank you for coming back to share the outcome. After some of the rude and nasty comments (and completely unnecessary) that were posted I am just happy you chose to share the good news. Enjoy your next Cruise!

2 sides to this one. # Some foul, lowlife had their luggage and got their jollies for a week, then put them out. #2, carnival needed to step up a bit more....maybe 50%, or even more. No crew spotted the luggage?

We were on this sailing, and I remember getting the flyer in our room on like the next to last or last night with a photo of luggage asking passengers to look for it, I thought it was very odd they were sending it at the end! Sorry I think that was really lousy timing on Carnival's part and Id have been upset too.

Sailed on the Carnival Conquest March 31st 2018 Case# LFLI-SB-CQ-04012018-1

So I have held off a month on writing this review to give Carnival a fair chance in retaining a customer and actually making an attempt at customer service. First trip with Carnival and the crew loses my wife's luggage. My wife has the clothes on her back and that's it. We approached the customer service desk and advise of our situation. "We had waited six hours before we went down." The individuals at the desk gave us there best step-ford wife's smile and told us to be patient, they were still delivering luggage. Went back down at 10pm, advise of the same thing, no change. I ask the young man "Tulan" what was my wife to do being that our first stop is in the morning? Tulan stated they could open the ship store for us at 4:30 pm to obtain some additional clothing. I advise Tulan that the ship is supposed to leave port at 3:30pm how would that help? Thankfully an unknown kind stranger who was in the lobby heard what was going on and the sobbing of my wife and she gave her a swimsuit, yes a complete stranger helped my wife, not Carnival.

We finally were able to get someone in management who started to try to help. She offered us a credit to start buying clothes onshore. First stop private island, no stores. Second stop, all stores closed due to Easter. Third stop, which was our 5th day we made it to Curacao. So instead of enjoying the island my wife spent her time trying to find underwear and a bra being that she was now wearing the same underwear for 5 days? So the day was spent searching for ill fitting clothes to just finish the trip out. No fine dining for us. No going out to the clubs.

So on the final night of our trip as everyone is putting their luggage out to be picked up to go onshore what pops up at our door at 10pm. Yep, my wife's luggage. Our porter had no idea where it came from. Security stated they had no idea where it was and customer no help could tell us nothing either. So yes my wife's luggage was on the ship the entire time. So the ship offered us a 20% discount to come back, yep 20%. We told them that was insulting at best. We sent an email to customer service, we received no reply. We called them one week later and the young lady while nice said there was nothing else they could do. To quote her "Carnival moves a lot of people, and luggage gets lost, it's a part of doing business." Yes, she really said that. She then went on to say its too bad the luggage showed up on the last day because she could have done more for us. Insane.

So now we sent another letter to the Carnival CEO and that was over a week ago and still nothing. So this is our first and last trip with Carnival and now that they have decided they don't care about us, I'm now making it known what kind of business this is. Second honeymoon absolutely destroyed by an uncaring, thoughtless company with no sense of ownership. :mad:

And just saw your update- yay, thats fantastic!!

We were on this sailing, and I remember getting the flyer in our room on like the next to last or last night with a photo of luggage asking passengers to look for it, I thought it was very odd they were sending it at the end! Sorry I think that was really lousy timing on Carnival's part and Id have been upset too.

So Carnival has given us a full credit towards a new cruise with them.

Over a missing (but returned) bag. I guess the moral of this story kiddies is to keep bitching until you get what you think you should get immaterial to what you are actually entitled to. SMH.

So now we sent another letter to the Carnival CEO and that was over a week ago and still nothing. So this is our first and last trip with Carnival and now that they have decided they don't care about us, I'm now making it known what kind of business this is. Second honeymoon absolutely destroyed by an uncaring, thoughtless company with no sense of ownership. :mad:

So obviously, you told them where they could stick that free cruise, right? :rolleyes:

Over a missing (but returned) bag. I guess the moral of this story kiddies is to keep bitching until you get what you think you should get immaterial to what you are actually entitled to. SMH.

So obviously, you told them where they could stick that free cruise, right? :rolleyes:

Dude, I get your frustration. Heck, I made some comments that ended up getting me slapped by staff but, in the end, he persisted and got Carnival to admit they handled it wrong. It isn't for us to pass judgement on the guy. In fact, had we been in that same situation, we'd be pretty PO'd as well. And someone else just admitted that Carnival didn't even submit a flyer until the last night.

I guess my only "beef" was coming here, first time poster and all that, and using this forum to be critical. I understand not all first posts will be rainbows and unicorns, but nothing any of us could do about it, except maybe empathize with his situation and offer support to stick with it as he works with Carnival.

I just wish he didn't have to resort to emailing the BoD and all Carnival leadership to get his desired outcome. That doesn't speak well to Carnival's customer service.

Toodles :cool:

Or the moral is if you know you are in the right, then don't give up despite other peoples' criticisms. Evidently Carnival was wrong, owned up to it and decided to do the right thing? Who are you to decide what someone is actually entitled to? SMH

Dude, I get your frustration. Heck, I made some comments that ended up getting me slapped by staff but, in the end, he persisted and got Carnival to admit they handled it wrong. It isn't for us to pass judgement on the guy. In fact, had we been in that same situation, we'd be pretty PO'd as well. And someone else just admitted that Carnival didn't even submit a flyer until the last night.

I guess my only "beef" was coming here, first time poster and all that, and using this forum to be critical. I understand not all first posts will be rainbows and unicorns, but nothing any of us could do about it, except maybe empathize with his situation and offer support to stick with it as he works with Carnival.

I just wish he didn't have to resort to emailing the BoD and all Carnival leadership to get his desired outcome. That doesn't speak well to Carnival's customer service.

I highly doubt that Carnival admitted they were wrong. IMO, they eventually gave him something to shut him up. I see the same thing in the timeshare world where a company who gets people out of their timeshares constantly send emails and call an HOA, effectively harassing them until they give in just to stop the harassment. To me, this is no different. The OP lost nothing except the use of his property for 7 days. Carnival's fault, maybe, maybe not. Can't be proven either way. Worth a free cruise, not even close but again, to get rid of the guy they did it. But in almost every single incident like this, the company (Carnival in this case) admits to no wrongdoing.

I don't disagree that I would be ticked off at a passenger keeping my bag for a week but that anger would be directed at the scummy passenger, not the cruise line and I surely wouldn't expect that the cruise line would owe me anything.

I highly doubt that Carnival admitted they were wrong. IMO, they eventually gave him something to shut him up. I see the same thing in the timeshare world where a company who gets people out of their timeshares constantly send emails and call an HOA, effectively harassing them until they give in just to stop the harassment. To me, this is no different. The OP lost nothing except the use of his property for 7 days. Carnival's fault, maybe, maybe not. Can't be proven either way. Worth a free cruise, not even close but again, to get rid of the guy they did it. But in almost every single incident like this, the company (Carnival in this case) admits to no wrongdoing.

I don't disagree that I would be ticked off at a passenger keeping my bag for a week but that anger would be directed at the scummy passenger, not the cruise line and I surely wouldn't expect that the cruise line would owe me anything.

You really believe that CCL gave this guy a free cruise to shut him up?

I for one, posted some negative things on this thread, but now that I hear the outcome, it sounds like CCL was very helpful in this case. Glad it turned out well for them.

You really believe that CCL gave this guy a free cruise to shut him up?

IMO, based on this post, absolutely. Carnival was tired of wasting everyone in the company's time and resources on this matter and decided to give him the cruise to be done with him. Agree or disagree as you wish.

OP, glad to hear it worked out for you. If I lost the use of most of my clothes (especially underclothes) all week, the cruise would be hell.

I understand that everyone makes mistakes. Some bigger than others, and some have bigger impacts on others. In this case, it sounds like Carnival did what they could (eventually) to rectify it, and I am glad to find that out.

• 8 months later...

I use LugLoc and Tile Locators, in a large room I can find my bag in seconds. Can even tell when it is coming up on the conveyor belt long before it arrives on the turnstyle. The LugLoc will tell me where the bag is via Cellular and if no signal it will use BlueTooth. 
Both are very cool devices and the Tile is very helpful if you tend to misplace things a lot.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sky111 said:

I use LugLoc and Tile Locators, in a large room I can find my bag in seconds. Can even tell when it is coming up on the conveyor belt long before it arrives on the turnstyle. The LugLoc will tell me where the bag is via Cellular and if no signal it will use BlueTooth. 
Both are very cool devices and the Tile is very helpful if you tend to misplace things a lot.

So, a bit of a necrothread, but your post leads to the following question:

How do either technologies work on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean (which is where you will be by the time you need to "find" the lost luggage)?  BT isn't long range enough for the whole ship, and there is no cellular service.

On 5/31/2018 at 6:13 PM, Computer Nerd said:

I agree with others that it would be best for the internet if you didn't post things like this.

The OP's chief concern was with the lack of customer service from Carnival during the first few days of the cruise.  This is what the Director of Customer Service is not happy about, and why the OP is getting a free cruise.  They could have done a 100 things differently to help the lady whose luggage was lost (regardless of whose fault it was at that point).

(I realize this is an old original post, but someone else just reopened it, not me!)