New water park at Half Moon Cay? Is it ready yet, free to cruisers?

Someone mentioned earlier, that Carnival was ruining HMC, adding a small kiddie splash park, ship wreck bar and Sea Food Shack was ruining the island. Granted they are add ons...this is what I would call over the top.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/RCCL-unveils-details-reimagined-Coco-Cay

Coco Cay is my face place. I am not sure how I feel about all the upgrades. I am excited, and worried. I want to be able to find a spot like I currently do, on the other side... that no one goes to. That option may be limited when this all starts.

How do you report someone for bullying? This is uncalled for and an honest question.
Just look at the top right hand corner, next to the post #, there is an exclamation point in a blue triangle. Click on that to report to the Moderator.

Lots of waterparks around the US' date=' personally do not see the need for a waterpark on a very nice pristine island[/quote']

The "need" for a waterpark is to offer a higher quality experience for the majority of guests who would like a more robust destination. Looking at the maps of the project, it seems they will still have plenty of pristine, quiet areas as well for those who want it.

The "need" for a waterpark is to offer a higher quality experience for the majority of guests who would like a more robust destination. Looking at the maps of the project, it seems they will still have plenty of pristine, quiet areas as well for those who want it.

I think you're right. Waterparks like the one being built on Coco Cay are very attractive to the type of cruiser who chooses a family line like RCI, Carnival, Disney and/or NCL. After all, waterparks are being built on the ships too.

This sort of thing is a lot like politics. If the other guy does it, it's wrong. But if your guy does it, it's the greatest idea ever. :D

I think you're right. Waterparks like the one being built on Coco Cay are very attractive to the type of cruiser who chooses a family line like RCI, Carnival, Disney and/or NCL. After all, waterparks are being built on the ships too.

This sort of thing is a lot like politics. If the other guy does it, it's wrong. But if your guy does it, it's the greatest idea ever. :D

Also have to consider the scope of the project on CocoCay. It's called "Perfect Day" - and the water park is only a part of it. The idea is a perfect day for all, with quiet over the water cabanas, beach club, water park, lagoon, etc. It really looks like a great offering and I'm excited to see it pan out.

HMC is big enough to add these types of attractions without taking away from it's already pristine beach areas. We'll see if Carnival does answer. But there is no doubt that the private cruise destinations are booming and growing, with less emphasis on traditional stops.

Also have to consider the scope of the project on CocoCay. It's called "Perfect Day" - and the water park is only a part of it. The idea is a perfect day for all, with quiet over the water cabanas, beach club, water park, lagoon, etc. It really looks like a great offering and I'm excited to see it pan out.

This is a better link. It's interactive and shows all the additions being made. It's been a few years since I've sailed RCI, but Perfect Day at Coco Cay is definitely something that I find attractive.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/coco-beach-club

This is a better link. It's interactive and shows all the additions being made. It's been a few years since I've sailed RCI, but Perfect Day at Coco Cay is definitely something that I find attractive.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/coco-beach-club

Just goes to show there is a market for it. I would hope it works for the hundred or so million..... Whether I like it or not, Royal does not often strike out....

Your right thanks for the post

Someone mentioned earlier, that Carnival was ruining HMC, adding a small kiddie splash park, ship wreck bar and Sea Food Shack was ruining the island. Granted they are add ons...this is what I would call over the top.http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/RCCL-unveils-details-reimagined-Coco-Cay

As usual you are embellishing someone's words. Where does one say ruin? Please do tell?

Spoil and ruin have two totally different meanings. Plus you are derailing the thread.

As usual you are embellishing someone's words. Where does one say ruin? Please do tell?

Spoil and ruin have two totally different meanings. Plus you are derailing the thread.

Your question looks different. If you are able to discuss nice we can. Your choice. Spoil and ruin were synonymous to me. Maybe you feel differently. My post was not detailing but using an example of what another cruise company did as comparison for “spoiling or ruining” a wonderful thread.

Carnival added a kiddie splash park (I believe someone said sea food shack as well which is not open for Carnival cruises and a shipwreck bar). For comparison purposes I posted a link to the amusement park royal is adding to cock cay to determine the difference e between features and over the top items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first feeling of wonder and awe at seeing HMC was because it was an undeveloped pristine setting back then. Then a few years later, development creep started, yikes.

It's still pretty, but please keep the "improvements" to a minimum.

JMO, YMMV.

Some of us don't mind a little development. I'd rather pee in a toilet than on a tree any day of the week. ;)

Someone mentioned earlier, that Carnival was ruining HMC, adding a small kiddie splash park, ship wreck bar and Sea Food Shack was ruining the island. Granted they are add ons...this is what I would call over the top.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/RCCL-unveils-details-reimagined-Coco-Cay

So will someone just be able to go to the beach without having to pay for said new waterpark @ CocoCay? If it becomes a pay only destination that would be really off-putting.

Edited by Computer Nerd

I'm no English major but "spoiled" items are "ruined" so to me the words are synonymous. No embellishment.

So will someone just be able to go to the beach without having to pay for said new waterpark @ CocoCay? If it becomes a pay only destination that would be really off-putting.

Good question, if it were NCL I would bet not, RCCL..... Maybe.

It would be rather disappointing if suddenly HMC became a pay for venue.

It would be rather disappointing if suddenly HMC became a pay for venue.

You never know? I have seen many pay venues on the newer cruise ships, so the islands are surely next...... (Shirley):):) SNL...etc..

That would make it reason 74 on why most of our cruises these days are other than Carnival.

How many do you need? For the record Carnival pales in comparison in for pay areas' date=' even to Princess .......