Upgrade from Empress to Lido Deck

mrsh678

For our December cruise on the Conquest I just got an upgrade offer to move from our mid-ship balcony on deck 7 to a mid or forward ship balcony on deck 9 for a total of $18...I don't think I'm going to take it. Wouldn't foot traffic and noise be an issue there?

Not sure about the Conquest -- haven't been on it in years. I prefer to be sandwiched between two passenger decks. I would have to look at the location and see what's around and what's above and below before I agreed to that.

Not sure about the Conquest -- haven't been on it in years. I prefer to be sandwiched between two passenger decks. I would have to look at the location and see what's around and what's above and below before I agreed to that.

I think we'll end up staying on Deck 7 for that reason, terrified the noise would be too much.

You will have cabins above and below you on Lido. We love Lido and it is always our first choice. We have never had problems with noise and it is SOOOO convenient!! We have sailed 3 times on Conquest sized ships and always on Lido. It sounds like a great upgrade to me.

You will have cabins above and below you on Lido. We love Lido and it is always our first choice. We have never had problems with noise and it is SOOOO convenient!! We have sailed 3 times on Conquest sized ships and always on Lido. It sounds like a great upgrade to me.

Same here! We love the convenience of walking from our room right out to everything. I don't know the ships/classes, so I can't say anything specific to that ship. But we've always done Lido or nearby. We've never had any problem with noise or traffic either.

Agree with many others....I would have taken that offer. I was on the panorama deck on my last cruise (and my upcoming August cruise) and loved it. My PVP said the lido deck was his favorite. The hallway is much smaller and I didn’t experience any noise at all.

Next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

nope I wouldnt take it either.

we book deck 7 by the aft elevators-- everything is walking distance. the only time i need to travel is to the show lounge at night

For our December cruise on the Conquest I just got an upgrade offer to move from our mid-ship balcony on deck 7 to a mid or forward ship balcony on deck 9 for a total of $18...I don't think I'm going to take it. Wouldn't foot traffic and noise be an issue there?

We book Lido balconies on every Dream class, Conquest class, and Triumph class ship, as well as Splendor. We LOVE being on Lido.

Regarding foot traffic and noise being an issue, it's quite the opposite. There are fewer cabins on Lido so fewer people walk the halls. There are glass doors that lead out to Lido and they block out noise really well.

We've never heard noise from Lido in our cabin nor on our balcony.

This. We stayed on Lido on Conquest as well. No noise, not much traffic either. And so convenient for lido activities. I would do it again any day.

Love the Lido deck, its easy to get to everything its not any noiser than any other floor, its sandwiched between rooms on floors below and above. convinent to walk out grab an ice cream, coffee etc breakfast and come back to your balcony. I would not take it if its located behind the elevators but apart from that take it!