Over thinking all the extras!

Gotcha! Thank you for that.

See that’s my line of thinking too. I really enjoy coffee and all the comments on the boards about crappy coffee have me concerned. Plus I do like vacation to feel indulgent. But I also like to be smart with my money. But most everyone that has posted doesn’t seem to have any regrets with their purchase for the kids. :)

One thing to consider is the refreshment package goes on sale for $18 per day instead of $26 which makes a huge difference. I know there was a sale this week on some sailings. If you see it on sale, grab it, because it might not go back on sale again before you sail.:)

You don’t need it. Never had it, never wanted it, plenty of free drinks all over. Not a big deal. Save your $$$$. The coffee is fine if you like regular coffee. If you want a specialty one spend couple of bucks, no package needed. Some people are fixated in spending more means better but that’s not always the case.

I always get a soda package for my 5 kids. The only time we have it in the house is leftover after a party. My kids live on water, coffee, tea, and sometimes juice if I buy it (I dislike soda, juice, all sweet drinks). It’s a treat, it’s a vacation, it’s a novelty. At home, we all order water when we go out to eat (although my boys were always treated to sodas stopping for fast food on the way home from games with DH - the rest of us never eat fast food).

Yes, the freestyle machines do have a lot of non soda options, but mostly they are surgery (or sugar alternative options). In our family we drink mostly plain water, with maybe a lemon slice or something thrown in once in awhile. It is what my kids prefer and what they want most of the time even when on vacation. None of them would want to carry the cup around with them all day either, so it is doubtful they would even use the machines outside of a mealtime. So, for us spending $20ish a day on a refreshment package (if you catch a sale) or even $9 a day on a soda package wouldn't really be worth the cost. If they want to have a fancy drink at dinner or while hanging out with a friend/sibling I don't have an issue with that and even purchasing 2-3 drinks a day would be less than the refreshment package and even my teen son wont drink that many sweet drinks in one day.

We know plenty of families that do drink a lot more soda/ sugary drinks so if your kids are ones to drink several sodas and/or 4-5 virgin cocktails in a day, or would want the fresh squeezed juices, etc... a package might be a good option for your family.

Just a suggestion should you decide not to purchase a package.

Take along a sports bottle for each kid. They can fill with lemonade/iced tea/whatever they want of the "free" or included beverages and take poolside or anywhere else with them. Also fill with water and add powdered Gatorade or Crystal Light or similar that you can take with you. Just have to be careful to get a glass to fill and not put bottle up to the sprocket.

Might work out and then buy a treat individually such as a frozen virgin cocktail.

First ... I have to say I am NOT a parent. But reading this and so many other threads about drink packages for kids, I have to ask.

Do kids (9 - 12 - 16) really drink sodas? I mean like 2 or more a day? Maybe 1 or 2 a week ... I just can't imagine kids drinking soda.

There is ice tea, ice water, and lemonade, available all day/night that doesn't cost additional money.

Soda is garbage and kids shouldn't drink it, except, maybe, once or twice a month as a treat at a restaurant or as much as they want one week a year on a cruise or other vacation.

Kind of parallels dad's alcohol habits. Except maybe I have a bit more than 1 or 2 per month. But certainly not every day.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.