Asia with a child?

DevonianCruiser

Hi

we are looking at doing Australia next year when our daughter will be 3. We may do a cruise out of Sydney but have also looked at one from Singapore to Dubai on Constellation on our way back. It would be nice as it means it's a far shorter flight back home.

Itinerary takes in Thailand, Sri Lanka, Goa and India. Not sure if those places are geared up for children.

Anyone done this type of cruise?

If we book tours through the ship I'm guessing we could put her in the children's club?

Also are there likely to be any/many other children on board this type of cruise?

Thanks.

oops - believed that 100% - cannot believe anyone would think a 3 year old is right for an intinerary like that! thx...

Yes seriously the only children we saw were children of officers who were on for a day or 2.

Would you really be comfortable leaving your 3 year old daughter in the children's club while you want on ship tours???

Why questions marks? You disapprove I take it?

Most of the cruise companies I know look after children If you do a ships organised tour. They are trained professionals. I’ve a 19 and 17 year old that have been on cruises since they were 2 and always loved the children’s clubs.

Most ports on cruises I’ve done I’ve taken my children ashore but I’m just wondering if somewhere like Mumbai might not be suitable.

oops - believed that 100% - cannot believe anyone would think a 3 year old is right for an intinerary like that! thx...

Why not? Is the ship not safe? Are the children’s facilities on this ship not good? I’ve been on this ship twice.

Why not? Is the ship not safe? Are the children’s facilities on this ship not good? I’ve been on this ship twice.

It sounds like you have already made up your mind and are just seeking posts to support what you believe. So be it. Have a great cruise.

Hank

DC....I think "trained professional" is, let's just say, overly optimistic and leave it at that.

The constellation is as safe as most any other ship (other than Disney which focuses on children and their safety). On the cruise you reference, it's highly likely that there will be very very few children anywhere close to your child's age...and it's most likely that all of them will go ashore with their parents (based on experience on longer cruises). I'm also not sure if Celebrity will have a children's corner program if there are just one or two children...and I'm not sure if it would be open in time for your to make a first thing in the morning tour. Those are things to check on with celebrity (or any other cruise line) before you book, if that's important. (see below for reference, but I'd still check).

Are the countries visited safe for children....why wouldn't they be? Just make sure that your child (and you) have all of the medical precautions recommended for the area where you are travelling (vaccines, medicines,....).

I think the official Celebrity policy is: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11025200_CEL_KidsProgram_flyer.pdf

or https://celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/outstanding-service/youth-program/

Edited by ghstudio

My guess is that there won’t be many kids on that cruise, but the itinerary sounds exciting and for that reason I, personally, would consider it.

With the right precautions, it is possible to take kids to exotic destinations and cruising does eliminate some of the ‘intrepid’ nature of a trip.

In saying that, my first research would be into flights. A one way to Sydney, followed by a one way from Dubai could be really expensive.

I once looked at a similar one way cruise, but when the flights were coming out at thousands more, I gave up. The competition (or lack-thereof) here in NZ may have been a contributing factor.