Price rise on the Premium Drinks Package effective 15th May 2018

Homestyle

I am now officially dazed and confused by this. I just went in to cruise planner for my upcoming 8 day cruise and put the upgrade in for the two of us and was given a price of £139.72 which works out at £8.73 each per day including gratuities. AT the weekend when the sale was on it was £135 something so it has gone up but only by a fraction. Nuts.

Maybe it's only the the adjustment in the currency exchange rate, today Celebrity updated it today.

on celebrity, can one individual up grade or all inside the cabin have to upgrade to premium

Also . what champagne do they offer for premium is it VERVE by any chance

Do they offer prosecco on the classic ???

if we upgrade to premium, are gratuties included or must we pay extra ??

many thanks we are on the greek island may 18th 2018

You do not have to upgrade all guests to Premium and yes the gratuities are included in the upgrade.

There is a Prosecco included in the Classic Package.

Not sure on the Champagne brands. Each cruise has different wines on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The flash sale was for purchasing the package. I was told it did not apply to those upgrading from classic to premium when the classic package was a perk. I gladly paid the $11.80 to upgrade as it will be more expensive if I do it on board with the price increase.

Thanks to all who confirmed that they had the same experience as I with not being able to upgrade the perk Classic package using the flash sale prices.

I’m still happy that I avoided the price increase for the upgrade to Premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on celebrity, can one individual up grade or all inside the cabin have to upgrade to premium

Yes , Prosecco is available on classic. We also trade the bottle of bubbly that comes with CC or AC for a bottle of Prosecco as well.

They offer a few bubblies, but Veuve isn't one of them. I found the Domaine Chandon to be a wonderful accompaniment to sushi.:)

You will have to pay gratuities. When I upgraded yesterday, it was $11.80pp/per day, which is $10 plus 18% gratuity.

And from what I've read here, one person can upgrade without the others in cabin having to do so.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

I was Googling beverage packages to see if I could find out what each of them included, ie. STANDARD, CLASSIC and PREMIUM and came across this link on rccl.com and noticed the details of the price increase.

Thank you for the heads up. I managed to upgrade two of my three upcoming cruises from Classic to Premium directly with Captains Club on Monday the other I had to have my TA contact Celebrity. Celebrity allowed the $11.80 per day upgrade yesterday but only if I did upgrade yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting mention of upgrade. There are reports that the classic package will also go up in price but not clear when or by how much?

Well if it does I hope it doesn't go up more than $4 - or we have all lost out by trying to beat the rise on the Premium Package. I hope they are not playing games with us :eek: !!!

This is the link to the PDF on Royal Caribbean Cruise Limited corporate info on Standard, Classis and Premium and what they include.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celeb...ages_Flyer.pdf

It's on this link that it mentions the new USD69 per person per day as of the 15th May 2018. If nothing else, interesting to see what brands and items are included in each package.

Once I upgraded one person over the phone, my cruise planner now lets me upgrade the second person online. It still shows the upgrade price as $11.80 per day and still shows the Classic Package at a discounted rate of $41.25 per day and Premium at $48.75 per day. This is for the Solstice Aug 17 sailing.

Also still showing the 2 dinners and 1 lunch package at $90.