Obc?

deliver42

Deliver42,

To my knowledge no you cannot use princess OBC until you are on board. If you call Princess they might get be able to take it off your obc but I've never seen a way to use the credits for buying the excursions in advance as it requires your to pay for them before it adds to your booking. I do believe that if you are on board and have some excursions that you book while on the ship those will come off but then you run the risk of the ones you want filling up and waiting in the large lines at the excursions desk. Hope this helps and I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong but you might try calling Princess in order to do it in advance still no guarantee. Take care

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Well I'm wrong again haha, I always have over 200+ OBC and I swear it asks me for a credit card lol but hey I learned something new today thanks for sharing I always learn something Everytime I post my experience and then others say how it's different than what actually happens. But thanks everyone! sorry for the wrong answer deliver42 :(

Well I'm wrong again haha, I always have over 200+ OBC and I swear it asks me for a credit card lol but hey I learned something new today thanks for sharing I always learn something Everytime I post my experience and then others say how it's different than what actually happens. But thanks everyone! sorry for the wrong answer deliver42 :(

They changed it last year so you can use OBC to book excursions.

Also, if your OBC comes from your TA as a rebate of commission, you may not see it until onboard. If it is group amenity or a Princess promo, you will see it.

So it is not black and white.

It is relatively new that you can use your OBC in advance to book excursions.

That's the way its supposed to work, I have booked an excursion that was less than my OBC and it worked fine, this time I have "some" OBC and wanted to book excursions that were more than the OBC, I was looking for the OBC to be taken off then the balance put on my CC. When I went to check out, the entire balance was due on my CC. So I went to remove them from my basket, when I removed one, the other once came up with the OBC applied and the balance due. Hmm, I may just book one at a time...

Who is your OBC from?

I can see most of my Princess OBC on my cruise and can book excursions through it. I just can't see my Elite loyalty OBC.

Loyalty obc is given once you are onboard for over 20 princess cruises

Thanks to you all, I was able to book my excursions with no problem. Only one year to go for Alaska. Yuk.

And making final payment 9 months after paying for excursions whether with OBC or credit card.

Deliver42,

To my knowledge no you cannot use princess OBC until you are on board. If you call Princess they might get be able to take it off your obc but I've never seen a way to use the credits for buying the excursions in advance as it requires your to pay for them before it adds to your booking. I do believe that if you are on board and have some excursions that you book while on the ship those will come off but then you run the risk of the ones you want filling up and waiting in the large lines at the excursions desk. Hope this helps and I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong but you might try calling Princess in order to do it in advance still no guarantee. Take care

I booked an excursion (Princess) on the Royal (S.A. Grand Tour) expecting to pay with my credit card by my side. During the check out process...my Princess OBC was used to book the excursion. That happened in April 2018. Prepare to pay but take note of where they draw down the payment from.

I realize that. I was just explaining to the OP that this is a credit I don't see it in my Personalizer in advance from Princess.

And since, unlike a lot of OBC, it's fully refundable it will "repay" cash outlay for excursions.

What I hate about the new prepay requirement is what happens with the stockholder OBC. Since Princess will only grant that a month or so before sailing it can't be used to book excursions till the relative last minute, when many of the good ones are full. Yes, it's possible to book with cash, then cancel and immediately rebook with that OBC when it's credited, but only if the excursion isn't waitlisted. That really diminishes its potential value, especially on cruises bought during sales that comp gratuities.

And since, unlike a lot of OBC, it's fully refundable it will "repay" cash outlay for excursions.

What I hate about the new prepay requirement is what happens with the stockholder OBC. Since Princess will only grant that a month or so before sailing it can't be used to book excursions till the relative last minute, when many of the good ones are full. Yes, it's possible to book with cash, then cancel and immediately rebook with that OBC when it's credited, but only if the excursion isn't waitlisted. That really diminishes its potential value, especially on cruises bought during sales that comp gratuities.

You can submit your info for stockholder OBC much earlier. I have already submitted and received the stockholders OBC for cruises in Jan and Feb 2019.

Shareholder OBC can be requested "immediately" after deposit and will be there within days to use for Shore Tours when they are ready for purchase .

Princess is wonderful for the number of sources of OBC , and they are all combinable .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With regards to paying for excursions with multiple payment forms... if you call customer service and choose the option for help with cruise personalizer, you can use partial OBC, partial credit card, and even partial gift card.

We put our excursions in our online carts before calling, and the friendly customer service rep could see them. She helped us “check out” using a combination of all three payment types (Alaska excursions are expensive!).