Avalon first day in Amsterdam

janegraybc

On first full day of Amsterdam to Budapest is there time to go to the Can Gogh gallery? When is the canal cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Jane,

We are currently on the Imagery II, just embarked yesterday. Although we are doing Amsterdam to Basel, we were told last night that the cruise would be this morning at 8:30, and the boat would leave at 1:30ish to go to Utrecht on it's way to Colonge. For those taking the optional afternoon tours, they would be bussed to Utrecht. If people had made plans for the afternoon, they would try to work in a meeting place to catch the bus. I realise we are on different tours, but hope this helps.

So far everything has been fantastic, and we are having a great time..

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

We did the Amsterdam - Budapest trip a few years ago, maybe times have changed since then but I just looked at some of my pictures and we were on the canal cruise at 9 am so probably left the ship around 8:30, then back to ship for lunch and then off to Zaanse Schans optional tour, back on board and think our cruise left around 4 pm.

The way Avalon works it is usually included tour in the a.m. then back to the ship for lunch. The optional tours are in the p.m. As noted many times the ship moves down river while the tours are out. Check your itinerary to see if you will be spending a full day in Amsterdam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums