How formal on Sea Princess?

diane.in.ny

Was wondering if a sport jacket with a collared golf shirt would be ok for DH on our upcoming circumnavigation of Australia?

Thanks

In the dining room? Just around the ship? For formal nights? Every night?

It depends.

Your husband would not be turned away from the dining room on formal night if he wore a sport jacket over a golf shirt, but a fabric shirt with a collar would be better than a golf shirt which I understand to be a knitted fabric 'polo' shirt with a collar. This has a more casual appearance than a woven fabric shirt, even if it is printed fabric.

Your husband would not be turned away from the dining room on formal night if he wore a sport jacket over a golf shirt, but a fabric shirt with a collar would be better than a golf shirt which I understand to be a knitted fabric 'polo' shirt with a collar. This has a more casual appearance than a woven fabric shirt, even if it is printed fabric.

Thanks.

Now I have to ask. Tie?

This has been asked many times. Thankfully you do not need a tie to go to dinner on the "formal" night.

As soon as I need a tie to eat in the DR they should make it a requirement for the women to also wear one.

No tie, No food.

Oh, and btw- They do have rules for the dining room, it's just that some people don't take the time to read them. :cool:

So how will I get on with a shirt, tie and slacks but no jacket? PNG cruise next February if that makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

That would be OK also. In PNG be prepared for hot and humid weather. We were in Alotau two weeks ago and experienced both these conditions. February would be even hotter.:)

By the way, to both posters who are enquiring about cruises on the Sea Princess, I suggest you visit the 'Australia and NZ Cruisers' section of this forum if you have any specific questions about the Sea Princess or about the destinations.

That would be OK also. In PNG be prepared for hot and humid weather. We were in Alotau two weeks ago and experienced both these conditions. February would be even hotter.:)

By the way, to both posters who are enquiring about cruises on the Sea Princess, I suggest you visit the 'Australia and NZ Cruisers' section of this forum if you have any specific questions about the Sea Princess or about the destinations.

Thanks for that response and suggestion.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app