Two Crown sanctuary questions - not about price

Island wannabe

For some reason I thought that the sanctuary on the non -Royal class ships such as the Crown were at the aft of the ship. However are they actually at the front?

I fell in love with the sanctuary on the Regal in the Caribbean earlier this year and lined up early at the port to board so I could race up and book for the sea days. We will be in the Med in August and wonder if we should expect the same demand for the sanctuary on sea days. This will be our first cruise as platinum so having priority boarding might be helpful if so. Anyone have any experience with booking the sanctuary on Med itineraries?

For some reason I thought that the sanctuary on the non -Royal class ships such as the Crown were at the aft of the ship. However are they actually at the front?

I fell in love with the sanctuary on the Regal in the Caribbean earlier this year and lined up early at the port to board so I could race up and book for the sea days. We will be in the Med in August and wonder if we should expect the same demand for the sanctuary on sea days. This will be our first cruise as platinum so having priority boarding might be helpful if so. Anyone have any experience with booking the sanctuary on Med itineraries?

Island and Coral have Sanctuary aft. Grand class and super Grand like Crown have Sanctuary forward, like Royal class.

On our Med cruise last year, the Sanctuary was virtually empty. It was port intensive. The two sea days were maybe 3/4 full, if that. I'm not a Sanctuary fan, so can only go by observation , but it wasn't full (had a friend who wanted to take a look one sea day to see if she should book it so we took a spin through)

Your itineray may have an entirely different experience - maybe some who've done the ports before or warmer weather or whatever.

If you want the Sanctuary, head straight up and book it - don't wait.

I often book the Sanctuary. Sometimes it’s full, sometimes there are only a few people there. Depends on the itinerary and expected weather.

As said, only the Island and Coral have the Sanctuary aft. The Coral hasn’t been remodeled so it’s on two decks and there’s a small pool in the Sanctuary. The Island has been renovated and it’s now a larger area on one deck.

The Crown’s Sanctuary is forward, just like the other ships.

Sorry to jump on, how do you book the sanctuary on the Crown? Just head up to the actual area on boarding? How much is it for one sea day? Our first sea day is my birthday so was thinking it would be a nice treat!

Yes go directly to the sanctuary upon boarding to book. $$30 pp half day or $40 pp for the full day.

You can book the Sanctuary even before you check-in at the check-in desk?

No such luck. You have to race up upon boarding, and the earlier you get there, the better your selection of loungers will be. You are able to book specific days in advance, so we only book sea days or port days when we are not going ashore

We liked the sanctuary on the crown. Especially the double loungers. We booked on embarkation day for best rate. But getting there is like a maze. You go to the lotus spa. Out the door around the pool then up the stairs. While you are there if you want a soda at the bar on the lido deck you go out of it the travel across the sun deck lounge chairs then down a flight of stairs across the way to the outdoor bar then travel back up to your lounge chair. It is a pain. But better than paying extra to have it delivered.

No such luck. You have to race up upon boarding, and the earlier you get there, the better your selection of loungers will be. You are able to book specific days in advance, so we only book sea days or port days when we are not going ashore

thanks lx200gps, appreciate the info, too bad you couldn't reserve on-line.

Here's an idea, reserve your loungers when you check-in at the check in desk;

Here's an idea, reserve your loungers when you check-in at the check in desk;

Actually, the Sanctuary booking process is something of a personal thing, and really only works best in person, in situ. When you show up to book, the Sanctuary "Maitre'D" walks you around and shows you the specific loungers you can choose from, so you can decide which one best suits your needs (sun / no sun, cover / no cover etc). They keep the booking form/layout diagrams up there at the Sanctuary, and it would not be easy for the dozens of check-in agents to manage that kind of process at embarkation, nor would it be practical electronically. Also, I suspect Princess likes it in its current form, as it gives Platinum, Elite, Suite and B2B pax a slight advantage in scoffing the best seats. Plus it's technically simple to manage.

And we're VERY happy you can't pre-book on-line given how the booking process works. It would be similar to booking concert tickets on-line, which in our experience almost always leaves us out of luck. Within MINUTES of going on sale on line, all decent seats are sold out. Strange as it may sound, the current method of Sanctuary booking is probably the fairest and best possible for now.

Actually, the Sanctuary booking process is something of a personal thing, and really only works best in person, in situ. When you show up to book, the Sanctuary "Maitre'D" walks you around and shows you the specific loungers you can choose from, so you can decide which one best suits your needs (sun / no sun, cover / no cover etc). They keep the booking form/layout diagrams up there at the Sanctuary, and it would not be easy for the dozens of check-in agents to manage that kind of process at embarkation, nor would it be practical electronically. Also, I suspect Princess likes it in its current form, as it gives Platinum, Elite, Suite and B2B pax a slight advantage in scoffing the best seats. Plus it's technically simple to manage.

And we're VERY happy you can't pre-book on-line given how the booking process works. It would be similar to booking concert tickets on-line, which in our experience almost always leaves us out of luck. Within MINUTES of going on sale on line, all decent seats are sold out. Strange as it may sound, the current method of Sanctuary booking is probably the fairest and best possible for now.

Now that I've given it more thought, you're right, current method seems the best; thanks!

Is there bar service in Sanctuary? As in servers that stroll through?
There are attendants to bring you towels, pillows, blankets, iced water, and afternoon tea. They will also bring you drinks (at regular drink prices or if you have a soda or all-inclusive beverage package) and charge $3/order to bring food. There are usually 3-4 attendants helping/serving passengers. One of the things you’re paying for with the Sanctuary price.