CocoCay for only a few hours

Sailing on the Mariner in November for a work conference. We will only have 4 maybe 5 hours on CocaCay for any excursions due to the conference agenda.

Is it worth getting an excursion? I looked on the RCL website and nothing jumped out at me. I am leaning towards just getting a lounge chair and laying on the beach for awhile. Do all the beaches have chairs and waiter service or do I need to look a specific area?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I think 4 or 5 hours will be enough for Coco Cay if you just want some beach time. I would get up early and get some room service. You can order it the night before on your tv. Try to be one of the 1st ones down stairs to the tinder boat. The line down the stairs will get longer and longer as the morning goes on and you will just get stuck in that line. Not fun for a vacation, IMO. Once the captain says the tender boat is open, go. There are plenty of people who will sleep late, eat bfast in the windjammer, etc. They will get into line late. You should have your pick of lounge chairs if you go early. Park yourself and have some fun. The water is just beautiful. From what I understand, there is might be construction under way at Coco Cay with all the new changes coming up.

We were on Coco Cay just last month and I agree with what's already been said. When you exit the tender, go to the left. The beach that way is expanse with beautiful clean water and bright white sand. The beach to the right was a little more seaweed-y, but still nice. Clean restrooms and bars are close by everything. It's a very cute, colorful place - perfect for a few hours of relaxing!

Enjoy your time on Coco Cay!

Thanks everyone. We will not be able to get off the ship until noon at the earliest. Hopefully I can still find a perfect beach spot to enjoy the island!

Not to spoil your anticipation, but a fairly large percentage of the time, this stop is cancelled due to sea conditions.

I think 4 or 5 hours will be enough for Coco Cay if you just want some beach time. I would get up early and get some room service. You can order it the night before on your tv. Try to be one of the 1st ones down stairs to the tinder boat. The line down the stairs will get longer and longer as the morning goes on and you will just get stuck in that line. Not fun for a vacation, IMO. Once the captain says the tender boat is open, go. There are plenty of people who will sleep late, eat bfast in the windjammer, etc. They will get into line late. You should have your pick of lounge chairs if you go early. Park yourself and have some fun. The water is just beautiful. From what I understand, there is might be construction under way at Coco Cay with all the new changes coming up.
By November, shouldn't the dock be complete? OP may not need the boats to exit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Not to spoil your anticipation, but a fairly large percentage of the time, this stop is cancelled due to sea conditions.

I am not sure what you consider a fairly large percentage

By November, shouldn't the dock be complete? OP may not need the boats to exit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

but LuCruise is correct. RC is saying September; (I predict October), but November should be a certainty. No tenders. Dock.