Switching cabins from our Reservation

Hopefully this will be simple, just need info before getting to registration.

1. We have 2 rooms, 4 persons per room.

2. Grandma (C& A discount) in Cabin 1 with 3 grandkids

3. Grandpa (C&A discount) in Cabin 2 with son & daughter in law and 1 grandchild

At check in can we make the switch to get Grandma & Grandpa together ina room with 2 Grandkids and Mom & Dad in the other cabin with the other children? Our documents and set sail pass is as stated above. I just don't want to have the wrong seapass cards for the wrong room all week. Registration can reprint cards to what we need? I tried to get this changed months ago and was always told we would lose the discount.

At check-in, you can get extra keys for those guests that want to change staterooms.

Thank you. So the extra keys will have the cabins they are now staying in and they will have their photo and use for the rest of the cruise? Correct?

Thank you. So the extra keys will have the cabins they are now staying in and they will have their photo and use for the rest of the cruise? Correct?

They will keep their original SeaPass cards which allows them to get on and off the ship and also charging ability.

The will get an extra key card which will only be used to open the stateroom to which they want to move.

Bob,

We basically did the same with friends. Two wives in one cabin & husbands in another for the Diamond discount. Each cabin also has OBC of around $400.

Once we board we will of course move spouses together.

How do we get the onboard spending to hit the correct cabin? Can this be corrected at guest services?

Hopefully it doesn’t end up being more trouble than it was worth but the discount was pretty significant.

Thanks,

Cindy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... How do we get the onboard spending to hit the correct cabin? Can this be corrected at guest services? ...

Yes, just go to Guest Services and they can re-allocate OBC as you desire.

At check-in, you can get extra keys for those guests that want to change staterooms.

Thank you. I, too, was also waiting for an answer to this question since my dh has to be in a cabin with my 20 year old son/his friend on paper since he cannot be 6 cabins away from us, even though he is miles away in college :rolleyes:. I thought I had to get the extra key at Guest Services once onboard but are you saying that I can actually save myself a ton of time and have this done when we check in at the pier?

Thanks so much!

Thank you. I, too, was also waiting for an answer to this question since my dh has to be in a cabin with my 20 year old son/his friend on paper since he cannot be 6 cabins away from us, even though he is miles away in college :rolleyes:. I thought I had to get the extra key at Guest Services once onboard but are you saying that I can actually save myself a ton of time and have this done when we check in at the pier?

Thanks so much!

No, they don't have that ability at the pier, sorry if my post was not accurate. You have to get the extra key(s) at Guest Services once on board.

Guest services can either give you extra keys, or switch who is in which cabin. Once you're booked and paid for, they do NOT care who is in which room.

This is not entirely accurate. Kids can't be in a room by themselves so as long as one adult is in a room with kids (OP) then you can mix & match as needed

This is not entirely accurate. Kids can't be in a room by themselves so as long as one adult is in a room with kids (OP) then you can mix & match as needed

Royal allows kids to be alone in their own stateroom as long as that stateroom is either next to or across the hall from the responsible adult.

Here is the official policy as to how cabins must be booked. How you arrange things on board after getting extra keys is up to you.

Royal Caribbean International’s sailing age policy is as follows:

On all sailings embarking in the USA and Canada, no guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older. The adult does not have to be a parent or guardian.

Connecting staterooms are counted as different staterooms for the above requirements. The sailing age policy is determined by the embarkation port. Thus, on a sailing from the United States to the United Kingdom, the minimum age is 21. On a sailing from the United Kingdom to the United States, the minimum would be 18.

The exceptions to Royal Caribbean International's age policy are as follows:

A. Underage Married Couples: Underage married couples are allowed to sail, provided they show proof of marriage during pier check-in. The "proof of marriage" is the document guests receive from the official presiding at the ceremony; the critical component of the document is the notarized signature of the official.

B. Active Duty Military Personnel: Underage active duty members of the United States or Canadian military are allowed to sail with proof of active duty military status that must be presented during pier check-in. For sailing age requirement purposes, these underage members of the military will be considered an adult in the stateroom.

C. Minors Traveling with Parents: Minors can be berthed without an adult in the stateroom only when at least one parent is sailing and the staterooms are physically adjacent (directly next door or directly across the hall) to one another.

Minors travelling without a parent or legal guardian shall be berthed with an adult. No other family members (such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) may fill the role of a parent or guardian for berthing purposes. If a guest brings both related and non-related minors, the following applies:

·
If the total of related minors is equal to or greater than the number of non-related minors sailing, then the minors may sail in a room physically adjacent (directly next door or directly across the hall) to the parents' stateroom.

·
If the total number of non-related minors is greater than the number of related minors in the traveling party, there must be an adult in each stateroom.

·
The number of non-related minors may not exceed the number of related minors in a stateroom that does not contain an adult.

*Please note: Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age.

Bob,

We basically did the same with friends. Two wives in one cabin & husbands in another for the Diamond discount. Each cabin also has OBC of around $400.

How do we get the onboard spending to hit the correct cabin? Can this be corrected at guest services?

Hopefully it doesn’t end up being more trouble than it was worth but the discount was pretty significant.

Thanks,

Cindy

Our last 2 cruises have been booked that way for discount purposes.

As soon as we boarded we went to guest services and had new cards made out with our correct staterooms on them.

We didn't need extra key cards after they issued the new cards.

Bill

Bob,

Thanks,

Cindy

For on board spending, I’d try having one wife secure the account for the cabin she will occupy, and listing her husband on her account. Meanwhile the other couple has the husband secure the account for the cabin he will occupy, listing his wife on his account. Hopefully, that will get all charges on the correct bill and allow charges to be tracked on TV. Have fun.

For on board spending, I’d try having one wife secure the account for the cabin she will occupy, and listing her husband on her account. Meanwhile the other couple has the husband secure the account for the cabin he will occupy, listing his wife on his account. Hopefully, that will get all charges on the correct bill and allow charges to be tracked on TV. Have fun.

Thank you. This sounds perfect. Hopefully it all works out.

Our last 2 cruises have been booked that way for discount purposes.

As soon as we boarded we went to guest services and had new cards made out with our correct staterooms on them.

We didn't need extra key cards after they issued the new cards.

Bill

We’ll try this. Would prefer not to have to carry around an additional sea pass card just to open the door. Thanks for the info.

Royal allows kids to be alone in their own stateroom as long as that stateroom is either next to or across the hall from the responsible adult.

This is correct and includes up to 20 years old. So silly. My ds and his friend will be five or six cabins away from my dh and me and right across the hall from my mom,s cabin amd my sister’s cabin. They both are in a triple or I would have switched with them but really 20 and over should be allowed in their own cabin but it is what it is.

Anyway, thanks. Guest Services is now on my list of stops. I am guessing I only need my dh with me for the extra room key or do I also need to have the other occupant of the cabin, which is my sons friend.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums