Harmony deck 12 or 7?

I think I decided on the cruise and ship. Pretty much ready to book...so excited. The only decision is between two cabins on Harmony. First is 12580, but I read a review about another 12th deck cabin and they could hear chairs being dragged on deck even though it is two floors up. The second cabin 7206 which look like it has a bit bigger balcony which is nice. What concerns me is that on the deck plan for the 7th deck shows a big blank section in front of the room. Not sure what is there. This will be our 1st cruise in 30 years so want to get it right. Which one would you choose.

Thanks for your help

It depends on whether you want to be closer to the pool deck or the promenade. Personally I would take deck 7 as it’s easier to walk to more places without relying on the elevator. Don’t be concerned with the area across from the cabin. There is a hallway separating you from it.

The only decision is between two cabins on Harmony. First is 12580, but I read a review about another 12th deck cabin and they could hear chairs being dragged on deck even though it is two floors up.

Thanks for your help

It's actually only one floor up, because there is NO deck 13. That's why you can hear the chairs being dragged.

Thanks for the insights and recommendations. I think I am leaning towards the one on the 7th. I just have flashbacks to the last and only cruise I took 20 years ago where I had an interior cabin and there was an interior crew hallway with a fire door on the other side. There was no way for us to know because deck plans were not on the internet in those days. The door slamming would constantly wake us up, I was a zombie when the cruise ended. That is why I was so concerned about that blank space I saw on the deck plan. Finally convinced the wife to go on another cruise so just want to make sure it’s a good one so I can keep on cruising in the future.

We were on Harmony deck 7 a few weeks ago. We loved it. We could walk to the promenade, Central Park, boardwalk, all that stuff. We would stay on it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One slight drawback to deck 7 locations on Oasis Class ships. At the main (rear) elevator banks, there is no crossover from the starboard to the port side. On the other decks, you can simply cross over and use the other elevators on either port or starboard side of the ship.

On deck 7, the crossover path is not there as they had to leave it out to allow for the windows and signage for the entrance to the Boardwalk that is one deck down on deck 6.

Chairs being dragged from where to where? Inside the cabins on deck 14? :confused:

From Deck 15. UniPac's review of cabin 12590:

Ship

Harmony of the Seas

Deck

Stateroom #

Stateroom Category

D5

Starboard or Port Side

Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes quiet except for the mornings when you could hear the sunchairs being moved (started at 6-7am) but not too loud.

From Deck 15. UniPac's review of cabin 12590:

Ship

Harmony of the Seas

Deck

Stateroom #

Stateroom Category

D5

Starboard or Port Side

Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes quiet except for the mornings when you could hear the sunchairs being moved (started at 6-7am) but not too loud.

It's actually only one floor up, because there is NO deck 13. That's why you can hear the chairs being dragged.

One floor up from 12 is deck 15? What happened to the pax staying on 14?