RC Credit Card?

You get 10,000 points just for getting and using the card once. If you pay for a $2,500 cruise with the card they double that and you earn another 50,000 points. That equals $150 just for using the card for what you were going to buy anyway.

One tip: When the card expires, don't renew it! Re-apply for a NEW card and get another 10,000 points ($100)

... If you pay for a $2,500 cruise with the card they double that and you earn another 50,000 points. ...

That would be 5000 points for a $2500 cruise payment. Still comes to $50 OBC though.

Anybody here have the RC Credit card? Considering getting one. Only going on 2nd cruise this summer, but definitely would like to do more. Any thoughts or perks that make it worth it? TIA! :)

Get an Amex, and get a credit card from your local banking institution. Avoid the commercial cards. Compromise your data, risk your credit. Consumer credit might be the most evil industry in America.

Get an Amex, and get a credit card from your local banking institution. Avoid the commercial cards. Compromise your data, risk your credit. Consumer credit might be the most evil industry in America.

I'm not understanding why it's evil. It's your choice. Compromise your data. risk your credit??

You do realize that almost all your local banking institution's and credit unions' credit cards are issued and serviced by the commercial card industry.

Yeah, how is it evil??!? I've opened probably 20 cards in the past 20 years solely for the rewards/bonuses. Only 1 of those has an annual fee. So I've gotten thousands of $ in rewards......ive never carried a balance unless I have 0% Rate. my credit is excellent. Not sure how it's evil??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That would be 5000 points for a $2500 cruise payment. Still comes to $50 OBC though.

and my big box visa card pays 3% back on all travel. $2500 x 3% is $75. And, it's 3% on all travel. Hotels, airlines, restaurants, rental cars, etc, regardless of where I book the travel.

I'm not understanding why it's evil.

The consumer credit industry as a whole is evil. They make their money preying on uneducated or unprepared consumers who get shackled to insurmountable interest rates. We have created a generation of near poverty through this manipulation. Endorsing the tools of their trade is basically doing their bidding.

• 2 weeks later...
The consumer credit industry as a whole is evil. They make their money preying on uneducated or unprepared consumers who get shackled to insurmountable interest rates. We have created a generation of near poverty through this manipulation. Endorsing the tools of their trade is basically doing their bidding.

Hmm, so parents are not responsible for not teaching fiscal responsibility?

And many people I know, have credit cards, use them for convenience, and pay them off each month.

Next month, we are taking our second free Royal Caribbean cruise since I got the card. Redeeming points is super easy, but you do need to read the fine print on some of those rewards. They are full of little gotchas. But overall, I’m very happy with this card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly. I'm not a big spender, but I just got the card this year and I expect I'll have at least a $300 OBC for my cruise next summer. Free $300 for doing absolutely nothing? Yes, please.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Anybody here have the RC Credit card? Considering getting one. Only going on 2nd cruise this summer, but definitely would like to do more. Any thoughts or perks that make it worth it? TIA! :)

We have had this card for many years, (2004) and have used it for many a onboard credit and a free 4 night Bahama cruise. The card gets used alot and paid off every month. So the perks are worth it to us. Hoping to have a lot of onboard credit and pay the balance off by Nov '19 when our next cruise is.

The only negative in that regard is probably more the fault of Royal. If you like to redeeem your points early to make sure you get the credit, Royal, I believe just sits on the notice and doesn't apply it to your account till just before the cruise.:confused:

This happened to me last year for our Alaska cruise. I redeemed points early and didn't see anything until 30 days I think before the cruise. Now I will wait so when I redeem it is taken off then.

So, I do want to turn in points for OBC.

Is it better to get the "shared" OBC or the single OBC or does it matter? I just have the 10,000 pts so will just be $100 and will use it towards gratuities.

Shared means you want the OBC split with your roommate. Single means you want it all yourself.

and my big box visa card pays 3% back on all travel. $2500 x 3% is $75. And, it's 3% on all travel. Hotels, airlines, restaurants, rental cars, etc, regardless of where I book the travel.

I was checking out this card and it looks like the reward is only distributed once a year. Are you able to just get cash back or do you need to use it on merchandise?

I would mainly want the card for travel benefits.