Royal retreat pool cabana cost......?

Qstrom

Can someone tell us what the cost is for reserving a cabana at the retreat pool on the Royal. Just wondering......we'll be sailing her next April and it might be crowded due to Spring Break crowds. It might be one time we'll consider sanctuary or cabana for once.

Pretty sure we paid $80 per day. We booked the days we wanted when we boarded. The first sea day was too windy as was the last sea day. The middle days of our Caribbean cruise had perfect weather to be there (spring break 2017)

Not sure how the wind will fare on the west coast but hope to find out. I really liked the Royal and the retreat pool

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a cabana on the Royal this past February. $80 for entire day and $50 for 1/2 day. You need to book when you arrive immediately as they fill up fast. I loved the cabana. In the PM they actually served me tea with sandwiches and cakes. Well worth the cost. It is set up for two people but it was nice that our group had one place to meet and the pool was less than 6 feet from cabana. I wish you could book before getting on the ship but so far no luck.

I booked a cabana on the Royal this past February. $80 for entire day and $50 for 1/2 day. You need to book when you arrive immediately as they fill up fast. I loved the cabana. In the PM they actually served me tea with sandwiches and cakes. Well worth the cost. It is set up for two people but it was nice that our group had one place to meet and the pool was less than 6 feet from cabana. I wish you could book before getting on the ship but so far no luck.

The afternoon tea had nothing to do with the cabana. It is offered daily in the sanctuary, as well as in one of the MDRs...and the scones are available on the buffet.

The afternoon tea had nothing to do with the cabana. It is offered daily in the sanctuary' date=' as well as in one of the MDRs...and the scones are available on the buffet.[/quote']

Retreat is not part of the Sanctuary.

I’m currently on Royal Princess and have photographed the current prices for the cabanas by the Retreat Pool ($50 for half day and $80 for a full day) plus the Sanctuary prices which are $140 for a cabana for half a day or $220 for a full day. These Sanctuary cabanas include extras such as wine and tv etc. A lounger (in the Sanctuary) is $20 per person for half a day and $40 per person for a full day. Unfortunately I can’t upload my photo as it exceeds the sizes specified by CC. If I get chance later I’ll tey to reduce the size

Technically speaking, isn’t it the case that while the retreat pool is not part of the sanctuary, the 6 cabanas surrounding the pool are? Meaning you reserve them through the sanctuary, they come with the plush sanctuary towels and the sanctuary staff checks on you and offers cucumber water, etc? This was the case on the Regal in 2017. As an aside, on our last day of renting the cabana, we decided we wanted to do something else with friends in the afternoon, and were able to “sublet” our cabana to another couple wishing to try it (win/win)!......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always understood that the Afternoon Tea IS actually for the Sanctuary and that they include the Cabana rentals.

This is not served to everyone.

There is a basic tea, I believe, that one can actually get up and to to...

And, there is a more upscale High Tea that one can enjoy for an extra cost.

But, I believe that being served afternoon tea IS a perk of the Sanctuary and the Cabanas. Not everyone in the area.

And, looks like they have increased the price on the half-day rentals.

I think it used to be $40.00 (half the daily rate) and went up to $50.00.

I think it is about the same as the Sanctuary, which has been reported at $40.00 per day, per lounger.

There has always been a reduced per-day rate when booking the full week/cruise.

That might still be the case.

Quick update on the Sanctuary. We spent yesterday afternoon there on Royal Princess as it was a beautiful hot day in Belfast and we’d done what we wanted to do in the town. The service was lovely although the lunch they brought didn’t quite live up to the menu. The sesame tuna salad was fine and enjoyable but was made up of canned tuna not fresh as I had stupidly imagined. The grilled shrimp skewers were good (cold). We ordered two plates of each as they were quite small and we had more than enough. The citrus fruit and kiwi carpaccio was beautifully presented. We were the only people in the Sanctuary and we’d barely finished lunch when they brought afternoon tea (we had lunch quite late). Lots to eat although it wasn’t quite an English afternoon tea but then I am picky being from the UK. :D

Would I go again - possibly but to be honest it wasn’t as warm in the Sanctuary as it was around the Retreat Pool (and it was a warm day). The breeze was more noticeable but the loungers were very very comfortable. Overall we enjoyed the experience immensely and the staff were super.

I have always understood that the Afternoon Tea IS actually for the Sanctuary and that they include the Cabana rentals.

This is not served to everyone.

There is a basic tea, I believe, that one can actually get up and to to...

And, there is a more upscale High Tea that one can enjoy for an extra cost.

But, I believe that being served afternoon tea IS a perk of the Sanctuary and the Cabanas. Not everyone in the area.

No, it is not served to everyone in the general vicinity, but it is available at no additional charge in other places around the ship--it is available in one of the MDRs, and the food from the tea, including scones, is available in the buffet. Being served by a pool is a perk of the Sanctuary and Cabanas. Having the food served to you is not a paid perk; you just have to go to where it is being served.