Adding to reservations

I have a cruise booked for June 2019. Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to add a second stateroom to my reservation? I’m assuming this would involve a call, but i don’t really want to waste my time calling if it’s totally not a possibility.

I have two girls who have kind of become an unofficial part of my family who would like to come with my husband and I. They are only going to be 19, though, so they can’t be in a room by themselves.

Anybody have any experience with this?

You can usually put 19-year-old family members, e.g. children, in a nearby cabin; not sure if the same rules apply to non relatives. You could book another stateroom and put yourself in that with one of the friends and change your reservation to have one girl with your husband. Once on board go to guest services and have keys issued so you can switch cabins.

You would have to call RC to check on this.

I have a cruise booked for June 2019. Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to add a second stateroom to my reservation? I’m assuming this would involve a call, but i don’t really want to waste my time calling if it’s totally not a possibility.

I have two girls who have kind of become an unofficial part of my family who would like to come with my husband and I. They are only going to be 19, though, so they can’t be in a room by themselves.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Royal Caribbean International’s sailing age policy is as follows:

On all sailings embarking in the USA and Canada, no guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older. The adult does not have to be a parent or guardian.

Connecting staterooms are counted as different staterooms for the above requirements. The sailing age policy is determined by the embarkation port. Thus, on a sailing from the United States to the United Kingdom, the minimum age is 21. On a sailing from the United Kingdom to the United States, the minimum would be 18.

The exceptions to Royal Caribbean International's age policy are as follows:

A. Underage Married Couples: Underage married couples are allowed to sail, provided they show proof of marriage during pier check-in. The "proof of marriage" is the document guests receive from the official presiding at the ceremony; the critical component of the document is the notarized signature of the official.

B. Active Duty Military Personnel: Underage active duty members of the United States or Canadian military are allowed to sail with proof of active duty military status that must be presented during pier check-in. For sailing age requirement purposes, these underage members of the military will be considered an adult in the stateroom.

C. Minors Traveling with Parents: Minors can be berthed without an adult in the stateroom only when at least one parent is sailing and the staterooms are physically adjacent (directly next door or directly across the hall) to one another.

Minors travelling without a parent or legal guardian shall be berthed with an adult. No other family members (such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) may fill the role of a parent or guardian for berthing purposes. If a guest brings both related and non-related minors, the following applies:

· If the total of related minors is equal to or greater than the number of non-related minors sailing, then the minors may sail in a room physically adjacent (directly next door or directly across the hall) to the parents' stateroom.

· If the total number of non-related minors is greater than the number of related minors in the traveling party, there must be an adult in each stateroom.

· The number of non-related minors may not exceed the number of related minors in a stateroom that does not contain an adult.

*Please note: Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age.

• Like 1

I’ve read all that already. I’m planning on calling tomorrow, but I was just trying to check if it seems likely that I will be able to change my 1 stateroom reservation to 2. I don’t mind being booked in a different room from my husband, as we can just get extra keys and switch. I just wanted to see if people think this addition to the reservation is allowed

I’ve read all that already. I’m planning on calling tomorrow, but I was just trying to check if it seems likely that I will be able to change my 1 stateroom reservation to 2. I don’t mind being booked in a different room from my husband, as we can just get extra keys and switch. I just wanted to see if people think this addition to the reservation is allowed

You are not adding to your reservation. Each cabin is its own separate reservation. Add as many cabins as you like.

I need to move my husband to a room with one of the girls and change mine to be with the other girl.

There aren’t a bunch of rooms left. I’ve already gone through with a mock booking and there are only 3 rooms showing left on the same deck at this point

I need to move my husband to a room with one of the girls and change mine to be with the other girl.

There aren’t a bunch of rooms left. I’ve already gone through with a mock booking and there are only 3 rooms showing left on the same deck at this point

That’s fine. As long as one person from the original reservation stays the same you won’t have an issue.

Remove your husband and add one of the girls to your room first. Then book another cabin with your husband and the other girl.

That should work fine.

Available rooms don't always show up when you do a mock reservation. Just call them and they will help you find what you want-I have had very good service by calling.

Also remember that you can change the location of your original booked cabin as long as you stay in the exact same category....This might be something to consider when trying to keep the cabins close to each other.

Best of luck...hoping it all works out for you.

Thanks for the help everyone! I was able to call and get one of the girls in my room and make a new reservation for my husband and the other girl. The booking agent went ahead and connected our reservations for dining purposes too and put in our preference for a table with just the four of us!

Thanks for the help everyone! I was able to call and get one of the girls in my room and make a new reservation for my husband and the other girl. The booking agent went ahead and connected our reservations for dining purposes too and put in our preference for a table with just the four of us!

Nice to see that it all worked out for you.