Cuba with passports expiring in 3 months.

BIG_Steve

Will be going to Cuba on a cruise end of October. Our passports expire mid January. Is that going to fly? I know some countries want you to have 6 months left before it expires. Does anyone know the aprox turn around time currently for renewals?

It's my understanding from reading the boards that Cuba does require 6 months validity for cruise ship passengers. The last time I looked at a renewal thread it seems like the average turn around was 4 weeks or less.

A google search reflected all the mass market cruise lines require 6 months validity after cruise dates. (Their ships, their rules). On recent threads people have written they have received their renew passports in 25-30 days without requesting expedited service.

Will be going to Cuba on a cruise end of October. Our passports expire mid January. Is that going to fly? I know some countries want you to have 6 months left before it expires. Does anyone know the aprox turn around time currently for renewals?

US Passports?

According to the state department passports must be valid on day of entry. No requirement for how much longer the validity must be.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Cuba.html

HOWEVER, this was also on the site:

TOURIST VISA REQUIRED:

Tourist travel to Cuba remains prhibited. You must obtain a license from the Department of Treasury or your travel must fall into one of 12 categories of authorized travel. See ENTRY, EXIT & VISA REQUIREMENTS below.