Recent onboard offers for premium pkg upgrade

Toronto Guy

Wondering if others would mind reporting back the offers they have received recently from bartenders ti upgrade from classic to premium drink package. Some have previously reported 2 for 1 offers, I believe we got 2 or 3 days for free on our 12 night at Christmas. What have others received lately?

The individual bartenders don’t have the latitude to make deals. Occasionally there have been discounts reported, in our 21 cruises on X we haven’t encountered a discount. Now with the upgrade costing $16.52 per day maybe after a break in period and fewer upgrading there will be some discounts.

Hmm. We didn't even have to ask, it was just offered to us by a bartender (I believe he was a bartender...) selling the upgrades near the central atrium when we embarked. I was actually going to wait a couple days before upgrading and since they were offering 2 or 3 free days if booked that day we took advantage of it.

We upgraded on Solstice this past February for a 16-night cruise. They had a special discount costing us $130pp, give or take a few cents. This included gratuity. Once on Summit during a Memorial Day cruise to Bermuda, they were offering 2 for 1 to upgrade, but that was only that particular cruise, not any after.

It's best to ask if there are any specials when you embark. You will be hounded the day of embarkation to upgrade because the person who upgrades you gets to keep all the gratuity for the upgrade. That's the incentive the cruise ship gives them to get you to upgrade.

Wondering if others would mind reporting back the offers they have received recently from bartenders ti upgrade from classic to premium drink package. Some have previously reported 2 for 1 offers, I believe we got 2 or 3 days for free on our 12 night at Christmas. What have others received lately?

We just sailed on Summit May 13-20 and we asked a few times about upgrade offers and there was nothing. They looked at us like we were crazy when we asked if there was a 2 for 1 deal. So we kept the classic package and our money.

We upgraded on Solstice this past February for a 16-night cruise. They had a special discount costing us $130pp, give or take a few cents. This included gratuity. Once on Summit during a Memorial Day cruise to Bermuda, they were offering 2 for 1 to upgrade, but that was only that particular cruise, not any after.

It's best to ask if there are any specials when you embark. You will be hounded the day of embarkation to upgrade because the person who upgrades you gets to keep all the gratuity for the upgrade. That's the incentive the cruise ship gives them to get you to upgrade.

That’s a great deal!

I was on the Silhouette in March and asked two different people if there were any discounts to upgrade (I’m not shy) and both said no. They acknowledged there has been the odd sale in the past but nothing on a regular basis.

I upgraded anyway and didn’t regret it.

We recently sailed on silhouette (30 April Norwegian Fjords) from Southampton and the barman from the Martini bar who we recognised from a previous cruise offered an upgrade from classic to premium for 10 bucks a day plus tax. I bought it but my wife didn't need it. With the benefit of hindsight neither did I but it was nice knowing there was nothing I couldn't try. However when I way up what I had of the premium package I would have been better off sticking with the classic and then paying the difference for the odd drinks I had of the premium menu. Live and learn eh!

We recently sailed on silhouette (30 April Norwegian Fjords) from Southampton and the barman from the Martini bar who we recognised from a previous cruise offered an upgrade from classic to premium for 10 bucks a day plus tax. I bought it but my wife didn't need it. With the benefit of hindsight neither did I but it was nice knowing there was nothing I couldn't try. However when I way up what I had of the premium package I would have been better off sticking with the classic and then paying the difference for the odd drinks I had of the premium menu. Live and learn eh!

The $10 per day plus gratutity was the standard upgrade cost prior the the increase in the cost of the Premium package.

The $10 per day plus gratutity was the standard upgrade cost prior the the increase in the cost of the Premium package.

Still advertised over here as the same price?

How much have you guys been quoted?

• 1 month later...
Bumping this thread again to get an update on any onboard upgrade deals to premium package observed on recent sailings.

That promo ended about 2 weeks ago. No new promos are available that I’m aware of. We leave the 29th so I’m checking daily also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone in my roll call (Equinox July 28th) posted that there is going to be a 20% off upgrade sale this Thursday to Monday. Not sure if I should do it now or wait until I am onboard if I need it. Has anyone ever gotten a discount on Equinox. I am only seeing a benefit if I wait until the first Sea Day to upgrade?

Someone in my roll call (Equinox July 28th) posted that there is going to be a 20% off upgrade sale this Thursday to Monday. Not sure if I should do it now or wait until I am onboard if I need it. Has anyone ever gotten a discount on Equinox. I am only seeing a benefit if I wait until the first Sea Day to upgrade?

I hope so! Thx.

Hi! We are new to X cruising and don't find their website to be particularly "user friendly"...... Where would I go on the website to see if there is any sale to upgrade?

We also received the Classic package when we booked and think we can manage easily with it but the Premium is so appealing..... For the right price, we would update right awawy and head-down to the Martini bar first thing after boarding!! Lol!

We just sailed on Summit May 13-20 and we asked a few times about upgrade offers and there was nothing. They looked at us like we were crazy when we asked if there was a 2 for 1 deal. So we kept the classic package and our money.

Had a similar experience on the first leg of a b2b. Interestingly, on the second leg we were offered a small discount (7 days for the price of 6). Have never been offered good discounts for upgrading. Don't know why some people do and some don't .

We got the upgrade email today. If you didn't get one call and ask.

We got the upgrade email today. If you didn't get one call and ask.

We got one too, how do you apply the discount? Does it come off at the checkout? When I checked the prices, they were exactly the same as they were before the discount offer.

I received the email too.... so I followed the link but nowhere could I see it on the site. I was seeing a 2 nights dining and one lunch deal - but nothing like that on the site. Is it only that you have to phone Celebrity to get the deal.

If you don't see the discount online, you need to call. In our case, even though we had the classic package as a perk, it was not showing up in our account yet. The customer service rep needed to add it to our account, and then process the upgrade.

If you don't see the discount online, you need to call. In our case, even though we had the classic package as a perk, it was not showing up in our account yet. The customer service rep needed to add it to our account, and then process the upgrade.

I had to do same as well. Upgraded east after that at the discounted price.

Great that you got the discount but it makes me wonder if this was part of Celebrity’s plan all along? They increased the price difference between classic and premium. I never saw any “discounts” until they did that. I’m guessing the 20% discount brings the price increase from classic to premium back to where it was before the increase. I upgraded my package just before the price increase. For the following cruise I’ll keep an eye out to try and confirm if that is what they did.