If I see a lower price.....

If I book with their non-refundable down payment and I see a price drop after I book, can I request the lower price? Or am I unable to change the booking. Would I loose my deposit on this? Thanks.

How much of a difference in price do you estimate between the 2 options? I haven't gotten that far on the website yet

The deposit is $1500 for 6 of us non ref. With bogo and obc

If I go refundable I'm wondering if I lose those perks or just pay a little more per pax

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How much of a difference in price do you estimate between the 2 options? I haven't gotten that far on the website yet

The deposit is $1500 for 6 of us non ref. With bogo and obc

If I go refundable I'm wondering if I lose those perks or just pay a little more per pax

Varies, I've seen it as low as $100pp and as high as $500pp.

Is there a way to track a lower price other than going through the reservation up until checkout anytime there is a sale?

I have not found a reliable alternative.

Varies, I've seen it as low as $100pp and as high as $500pp.

It would be interesting to find out how they calculate that. Just checked and for a balcony for 4 nights on the Mariner Dec 2019 the difference is $290 yet for 7 days on the Harmony the difference is under $200

I have not found a reliable alternative.
Thanks, Bob! I think for as much time as I spend on Royal's website when I know I cannot book anything, I can spend the time going through when trying to find a better deal. If I don't find anything, no biggie, but worth tracking. I am pretty happy with our price for an 8 night promenade room.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Forums mobile app

If I book with their non-refundable down payment and I see a price drop after I book, can I request the lower price? Or am I unable to change the booking. Would I loose my deposit on this? Thanks.

I book non refundable deposits all the time. I check prices all the time. If the price goes down I call and get the lower price. You can do this until final payment. Once Final payment is made you can only upgrade, you cannot get your money back.

I always check though, as some of my cruises have extra OBC (non the non refundabl-you won't lose that with a price break) that I got for some special that was going on. If I find a lower price, I have to compare the amount saved for the lower price to what I would lose in OBC to determine if it is worth it or not

So I must have missed something when I looked in the last couple days because I decided to check rates again and mine went down $60. I called C&A and they were very nice and adjusted it. I know it isn't much, but was worth the phone call.

Guest maddycat
So I must have missed something when I looked in the last couple days because I decided to check rates again and mine went down $60. I called C&A and they were very nice and adjusted it. I know it isn't much, but was worth the phone call.

Prices can change at any time. Some times a price drop will last only a couple of hours.

Is there a way to track a lower price other than going through the reservation up until checkout anytime there is a sale?

You can look up the cruise here on CC and choose "get price alerts" which sends you an email if the price drops.

I'll call C&A to get reduction for almost any amount. Did for $18.89 was probably lowest amount... One cruise had 8 reductions, one time was over $1000, but that was a Royal error. They fixed it, but I got the redux and they never corrected mine. So worth it for me to check at least once a day...

Just in case anyone is interested - no price drops on non-refundable deposits under Australian rules (found that out the hard way [emoji16])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just in case anyone is interested - no price drops on non-refundable deposits under Australian rules (found that out the hard way [emoji16])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found out the hard way as well for an Australian booking. Cruise price dropped $500 but I would have forfeited my $800 non refundable deposit to get the cheaper rate. Doesn't seem right as I only wanted a transfer of an existing deposit RCCL already had not a deposit refund.

That might even more unreliable than the fish site.

Always worked for me.

Also should add if there is a price drop after the final payment date you can still upgrade your room and pay the difference, but there is no more refund.

If you book a non-refundable deposit outside 6 months and received the $100 obc, then you have a price drop within 6 months, does the $100 obc go away?

Don't know for sure. but I'm guessing you lose the OBC. Similar to when they take away $25 of the balcony discount if you get a price drop within 6 months of sailing.

Don't know for sure. but I'm guessing you lose the OBC. Similar to when they take away $25 of the balcony discount if you get a price drop within 6 months of sailing.

Oh ya, I forgot about that. So I'm guessing they probably will take it away

If you book a non-refundable deposit outside 6 months and received the $100 obc, then you have a price drop within 6 months, does the $100 obc go away?

I believe that I read a post on here from someone that said that they did lose the $100 when they re-priced their cruise and it was less than 6 months from sail date

Yes, the last cruise I went on we had $75 obc and when they did a re-price we lost the $75obc and only got the current offer which was $25obc, but saved $200 so it was a little bit of savings anyways.