Online Check-in is BRUTAL

Never having done this before, and having 2 rooms under 2 reservation numbers is the most insane thing I've ever encountered. I wanted to add my CC for all 4 of my family members, but it wouldn't let me use the same CC number on both reservations, so had to put cash on one reservation, and then go back to add the other two to the expense acct, and then it won't let me change it back. Called RCCI and they don't have the ability "anymore" to change it on their end. Trying to get the check-in as seamless as possible, but now I have to go to a gate agent, or whatever they're called. Assuming it's not going to be as difficult as I think it will be. Please tell me that it doesn't take a long time? At the same time, I didn't add photos of the my other family members, was going to take pics today and add them, but since I have to go to an agent anyway, I might as well have them do it then?

I've had numerous issues back and forth with this reservation, their website is horrific, and seems as if the agents on the phone are handicapped and limited in many things they can and cannot do.

This is my first cruise on RCCI, not starting off on a great foot, but I'm going into the vacation with a clean slate as soon as I get on the ship, and we'll see from there if I'll sail them again, but pre-cruise has been a nightmare.

You are stressing over nothing. Some folks don't do "online check in" at all. When you arrive at port, you'll hand over your locked, checked bags, go thru security and head to the check in counter. It's like checking into a hotel. They will ask for ID and credit card, and check you in, hand you your key and onto the ship you go. If you need to change something regarding who's in which cabin, or form of payment, customer service can handle that...no worries!

You'll still have to talk to an agent at the terminal. When you get in at the desk they will be able to fix the issue with the credit card. Might take an extra minute, but it can be done, and in the end won't be a big deal. On our honeymoon we ran into a problem where the system put in my name on my husbands credit card when doing online check in because I was the first on the reservation. We didn't know about it until we checked in though. It was totally fine after they corrected it at the check in. Since they ask to see/verify the credit card you are putting on file, they can make those changes right there.

I get that it is stressful because it makes it look like it could cause problems on the cruise. But it won't. I am a very on top of it all planner and like to have everything perfect before leaving home and checking in. So this would frustrate me too.

And I agree, the website is awful. It always has been. I can't even count the number of times I have had a message about server problems pop up when trying to make a payment or look at the cruise planner since booking last week.

So try not to stress about it any longer. They'll fix it for you!

You are stressing over nothing. Some folks don't do "online check in" at all. When you arrive at port, you'll hand over your locked, checked bags, go thru security and head to the check in counter. It's like checking into a hotel. They will ask for ID and credit card, and check you in, hand you your key and onto the ship you go. If you need to change something regarding who's in which cabin, or form of payment, customer service can handle that...no worries!

So as not to cause anyone additional stress, your bags do NOT have to be locked. Lock them if you wish (cb is big on locking your bags), but locked bags are not required at all. :)

You have to go to an agent no matter what to check in at the terminal. Any issue you had online can be resolved in seconds then.

Depending on who you get and how she is feeling that day. No matter how much I smile and be polite some check in agents have a stone face. You don’t have the ability to pick one like in the supermarket if I had that option I could never pick older than 60 yrs old there might be exceptions.

I also believe for workers past 60 yrs are nice to those among their age range.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Along with the roving check in staff with tablets?

I didn't see any roving agents with tablets. Was on the May 18 sailing, arrived in the terminal at 1030ish, and the lines at security and the checkin counter were minimal. Felt crowd & line management was handled well. Also, cards weren't in the room...they were in an envelope outside the room in the slot with the room number.

You don’t have the ability to pick one like in the supermarket if I had that option I could never pick older than 60 yrs old there might be exceptions.

With the ships/terminals that use the new floating agents with tablets, you do have some ability to choose.

I didn't see any roving agents with tablets. Was on the May 18 sailing, arrived in the terminal at 1030ish, and the lines at security and the checkin were minimal. Felt crowd & line management was handled well.

So, it seems they do half the process of Anthem - yes to the Seapass card outside the cabin but no to the roving agents.

YankeesFan - I'm working my way through the check-in process right now and remembered seeing your comment earlier today. I am seeing a link "Add and pay for guests in another reservation." Just below the box where I entered my credit card information, it says "Would you like to add and pay for other guests in your reservation?" and there are checkboxes for the people on my reservation. Then below that is the link that says "Add and pay for guests in another reservation." It would be easy to overlook because it just looks like a sentence and nothing particularly obvious, but perhaps that is the piece you need to be able to set up the rest of your family members. (I did not click on it to see what info is needed, probably reservation number.)

Of course, just checking in at the terminal is perhaps the easiest answer at this point as others have suggested. I haven't sailed RCCL in 15 years so it's all new to me, too...

Have a great vacation with your family!

As a regular RC cruiser, I want to confirm what others have said. No need to worry, it can all be sorted out at the terminal with the minimum of fuss. Try and complete the check-in process so that you are able to print your set sail pass. If you have that then the rest is easy.

Another thing I would like to add is that different embarkation ports and even ships have different embarkation processes. Hence the mix of responses which can confuse a newbie. Some will have roving agents while others check in desks. Some will hand out sea passes whereas on other ships the passes will be in the cabin. It really doesn't matter, just let the crew guide you through the process.