Parking in SF

allrats#47

As I mentioned on your other thread, please define what you mean by "best". It means different things to different people.

Where are you coming from? Parking in SF is expensive. There are other options, if you are game.

I think we had this discussion before. But, there is NO reasonable priced parking in San Francisco. When I go for work I use California Parking at 555 Jackson Street it's $28 for 24 hours. That's inside and they have several locations with different options (inside, outside, valet, etc).

They have a lot inside the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf and it's $65 for 24 hours.

looking for somewhere convenient, safe and not too expensive to leave our car.

The three doesn't coexist within the City limits.

Park at one of the off-site airport parking lots and then take their shuttles to the terminal and Uber/Taxi to the port.

Or even better:

Come in the night before and stay at some place near the airport like the Best Western Plus El Rancho in Millbrae and take advantage of their park-sleep n'fly special. One nights stay gets you 10 days of free parking. Uber/Taxi to the port.

We are driving 4 hours to SF, and looking for somewhere convenient, safe and not too expensive to leave our car. We will be traveling up the day that we embark.

Ok. 4 hours from Eureka, Fresno, or San Luis Obispo directions? If you want specifics, you can't give vague info.

Several options. Parking in the Livermore area and taking BART into SF would be first.

Know anybody the Livermore/Pleasanton / San Ramon Valley Concord area?

Second would be taking Amtrak from Fresno, or other major 99 FWY town. There was a large discussion just a month or so on this exact topic, and its sounds pretty easy and cheaper than parking, gas, tolls.

https://sfport.com/cruise-parking

This would probably be your best option. We’ve used the parking lot across the street twice, but I understand that place is no longer an option.

$18 per day is a bargain.

It is very close to Pier 27. You can pull into Pier 27, drop off luggage and passengers, park car and walk back.

Approximately 2 or 3/10ths of a mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://sfport.com/cruise-parking

This would probably be your best option. We’ve used the parking lot across the street twice, but I understand that place is no longer an option.

$18 per day is a bargain.

It is very close to Pier 27. You can pull into Pier 27, drop off luggage and passengers, park car and walk back.

Approximately 2 or 3/10ths of a mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used this last year and it was perfect.

Patti

OK, so here's what I would do and we fly/sail from SFO a few times every couple of years and drive from Stockton (a lot like Fresno only not as hot). I would go to the El Rancho the night before then UBER to the port the next day (think no stress over SF traffic jams). The El Rancho is almost giving away the parking for a week if you stay there. It's a nice place. We have stayed there a few times to fly out for 10-14 days and it's a very economical. We usually do it for very early AM flights out of SFO. However, since you are cruising and in no rush to depart all the better. Much more relaxed and very cheap for parking all options considered.