"Your Time" dinning for large groups?

LongHill44

We did last October we had 30 on our group. Getting seated wasn't an issue we were usually broken up between 3 tables. The issue we had was one table would be getting desserts as another was getting the entree. After night 2 people started to just do there own thing and go when they wanted it started to get to hectic getting everyone together on the same page.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

For a large group, you probably should choose one of the set dining times. With YTD, you may find the wait times rather long, just as if you showed up at a restaurant on land with a large group.

I believe, you also all have to be there to be seated.

Listen to him he is a smart man. I have heard of people waiting up to 30mins for table. When it was ready the whole party was not there. So they by passed them to seat other people they thought when rest of group showed up they would be seated next. However, they got put to the bottom of the list:eek:.

We frequently travel with groups of 15-20 people and ALWAYS do set dining times. We like late dining when cruising and dinner is one of the few times our whole group gets together. During sea days, everyone is scattered about doing their own things alot of the times. And we don't always do group excursions. So it's nice to get together for dinner and catch up! And with set dining, there's no waiting, you always have the same dining staff who get to know your preferences and it's easy to plan around! I'd like to try anytime dining some time, maybe when it's just the hubby and I (if that ever happens). But for now, with a large group, assigned dining works best for us.

so doing YTD with 6 is not a bad thing? we family of 4 with 2 grandparents cruising together.

You should have no problem, other than agreeing daily on what time to go each evening.

You might try to avoid 7:30.

Hope all of you enjoy the cruise.

We have cruised with 8 and we tried to make sure we went at "off times" like at 6 pm or 8pm. We only had to wait for a table once, and then it was only for 5 minutes. Not a problem, but we went in with the idea it might take sometime and were presently surprised.

DW and I did YTD once as a party of 2 and after the first night, we met 3 other couples who also did YTD . When we decided to go to dinner together for a party of 8, we usually had at least a 45 minute wait

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 22 people and after the first night they asked if we would do early seating. They had 2 big tables available for us. It was so much better. We were all family and moved around the tables so we had a chance to visit with every one

Definitely "set" times when with a large group. That way, the table is waiting for YOU....and everyone KNOWS what time to be there...no guesswork....(I thought we said 7:30 tonight...not 7!!) It's just easier!