Looking for an area to stay in between Cocoa and Port Everglades

karkee8807

We are not sure yet if we are going to fly or drive for our next cruise. We prefer to fly, but I'd like to have a back up plan in the event we decide to drive.

If we drive we wouldn't want to say any longer then a few hours away from the port the night before we board. Then we would just drive to the port and park there or one of the off site parking areas.

I was hoping for some recommendations on areas to stay the night before the cruise.

I've looked at places like Melbourne and Port St. Lucie, as well as right around FLL. We don't mind driving a couple hours the morning of the cruise. We don't need anything fancy. Just clean and safe.

Thanks!

we wouldn't want to say any longer then a few hours away from the port

So you are not looking for beach side? Just near some food I presume ....

Viera is a community on the north side of Melbourne ... exit 191 of I-95. Nice community with Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn and a near by shopping area with choices from Cracker Barrel to Bonefish Grill, Longhorn steakhouse and steak and shake (and many more)

If you want to go south of here I'd say you need to go to the west palm beach area b4 you find more than a hotel or two at an exit on 95. You WILL find rooms but the food options will be limited .... unless you venture away from 95 towards the beach .....

Depending on the exit you take, Port E' is MM-25 or so making your drive 166 miles at an average speed of 75 about 2.25 hours from exit 191.....

We don't mind driving a couple hours the morning of the cruise. We don't need anything fancy. Just clean and safe.

we wouldn't want to say any longer then a few hours away from the port

So you are not looking for beach side? Just near some food I presume ....

Viera is a community on the north side of Melbourne ... exit 191 of I-95. Nice community with Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn and a near by shopping area with choices from Cracker Barrel to Bonefish Grill, Longhorn steakhouse and steak and shake (and many more)

If you want to go south of here I'd say you need to go to the west palm beach area b4 you find more than a hotel or two at an exit on 95. You WILL find rooms but the food options will be limited .... unless you venture away from 95 towards the beach .....

Depending on the exit you take, Port E' is MM-25 or so making your drive 166 miles at an average speed of 75 about 2.25 hours from exit 191.....

We don't mind driving a couple hours the morning of the cruise. We don't need anything fancy. Just clean and safe.

Thank you!

If you’re sailing out of Port Everglades and decide to drive down, you may find it worth your while to stay in the Ft Lauderdale area, especially if you’re able to find a stay and cruise rate that will allow you to leave your cars at the hotel for a cheaper rate than parking st the port.

If you cannot make it to Fort Lauderdale that night, then here are some fun towns (with downtown areas to explore).

Stuart (including Port Salerno), West Palm Beach (including Palm Beach), Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea

One of the Fort Pierce exits on I-95 has several dining facilities and hotels near there. It is a 2.5-3 hour drive to Port Everglades from that location.

There are also some nice, reasonably priced restaurants in Fort Pierce or on the way to Hutchinson Island, the barrier island that is easily accessed from the city.

The closer one gets to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, the more likely the price of accommodations will increase.

If you cannot make it to Fort Lauderdale that night, then here are some fun towns (with downtown areas to explore).

Stuart (including Port Salerno), West Palm Beach (including Palm Beach), Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea

One of the Fort Pierce exits on I-95 has several dining facilities and hotels near there. It is a 2.5-3 hour drive to Port Everglades from that location.

There are also some nice, reasonably priced restaurants in Fort Pierce or on the way to Hutchinson Island, the barrier island that is easily accessed from the city.

The closer one gets to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, the more likely the price of accommodations will increase.

Thank you!