Celestyal Cruise Line

tt_moore

Please tell me more.

This line offers a dream itinerary for my husband and I. Greece, Israel, Turkey. But I know absolutley absolutely nothing about the line.

We have cruised Carnival and Princess and Holland.

Please any and all info is appreciated

What I have found....very 'Greek', smaller, not a lot of bells and whistles. Which we are ok with. After port intense days. We don't need night life.

I sailed them once, years ago (2005) as part of a land tour. If you book a land tour to Greece than includes a 3 or 4 day cruise, it will be on Celestyal (used to be Louis Lines). The ship was small, under 20,000 tons, very basic. But the service was excellent. Food was great! We were a professional group of maybe 30, maybe less. The first night I wouldn't let the waiter take my salad plate because I wanted to dip the delicious bread in the remaining dressing. He came back with a dish of dressing and each night thereafter there was one at my place. Not many amenities but hey, we saw six islands in four days. They are sometimes mentioned on the Other Cruise Lines board here. If they have your dream itinerary, give them a try. I believe their HQ is in Limassol, Cyprus. EM

I sailed them once, years ago (2005) as part of a land tour. If you book a land tour to Greece than includes a 3 or 4 day cruise, it will be on Celestyal (used to be Louis Lines). The ship was small, under 20,000 tons, very basic. But the service was excellent. Food was great! We were a professional group of maybe 30, maybe less. The first night I wouldn't let the waiter take my salad plate because I wanted to dip the delicious bread in the remaining dressing. He came back with a dish of dressing and each night thereafter there was one at my place. Not many amenities but hey, we saw six islands in four days. They are sometimes mentioned on the Other Cruise Lines board here. If they have your dream itinerary, give them a try. I believe their HQ is in Limassol, Cyprus. EM
Thank you! Pretty much looking for great service, great ports. Thanks.

I sent you a private message LmK if you dont get it thanks.

We were on board Perla, the year after Essiesmom, for a week, which included Istanbul, but that little ship has gone now, and the one they use around the islands is larger- I have a forum friend who's used it for both Cuba and Greece.

We met an amazing mix of nationalities on board, especially backpackers from Aus/NZ and South Africa... the tours were well planned and there was an English host on them.

We'd definitely return to them.

Such great news. The line seems like a blast from the past. Small, no frills, quality service. I like that on a port intensive itinerary. No need for the frills if I'm not even on ship except to eat and sleep. Would love to hear from your 'forum friend' who went to Cuba and Greece with them.

Such great news. The line seems like a blast from the past. Small, no frills, quality service. I like that on a port intensive itinerary. No need for the frills if I'm not even on ship except to eat and sleep. Would love to hear from your 'forum friend' who went to Cuba and Greece with them.

Alas, it's a different forum...but you might find reviews on here for Cuba cruises, which Celestyal did for a few years for Canadians/Europeans, before Americans were allowed to go.

I still get information from the cruise line, and they're still sailing to two islands a day on some routes, and they were trying to add more Greek food choices to their menus.

We did Cuba last year (March 2017) on Celestyal Crystal. Great cruise!! Good service & food. Our cruise fare included tips, excursions & drink package - really good value. Very international passenger mix - always someone interesting to talk to. All meals are open seating & no specialty restaurants.

We had an inside cabin - midship on deck 7. Great central location.

We're also looking at their Med 7 night itineraries for 2020.

Thank you!!

There is a 2 ports day. 2 hours in each port.....I did a triple-take when looking at the itinerary.

Love all Greek food!

With all the inclusions (drinks, grats, excursion) we are looking to do a Suite. Which is still less than big names cost. And an itinerary we like better.

Thank you all who have commented, makes me excited for......Dec 2020......sooo far away!!![emoji29][emoji12]

The 2 port day is to accommodate tours to the pyramids. Get off at the first & get back on at the second. We’re looking at one of the other excursions for that day that includes the pyramids & the Nile.

The menu was more international than greek, but it was quite good. We’re booking for March 2020 - just waiting for spring break dates to be confirmed. Yeah we’re stuck travelling during spring break due to me working in education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk