Question about Coffee card

Cyn874

We drink probably two cups of black coffee a day. Can you tell me the cost of a decent black coffee? It may be cheaper just having the coffee card,

If you're sailing on the Regal or Royal their regular coffee is fairly decent & unlike the liquid stuff the other ships serve. Unless you want to spend the extra money for the coffee card & get the specialty coffees it not that bad.

We purchased the Soda and More package for my husband and I. I can live without coffee for a week after reading all this. I usually just mix a hot chocolate package with some coffee and hot water for my own version of Cafe Mocha. LOL Can anyone tell me what all is included on the Soda and more package? First time Princess cruisers.

Can anyone tell me what all is included on the Soda and more package? First time Princess cruisers.

Per the Princess web site:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing.

Note that the included soda is from the soda guns and does not include canned sodas.

In November I plan on trading my mini bar setup for 2 coffee cards. But my cards from March expire at the end of the year. So what happens if I trade my mini bar set up for 2 cards in November? Do they expire the next month? Is this part of the going to Medallion switch?

In November I plan on trading my mini bar setup for 2 coffee cards. But my cards from March expire at the end of the year. So what happens if I trade my mini bar set up for 2 cards in November? Do they expire the next month? Is this part of the going to Medallion switch?

IMHO, only Princess head quarters knows and they are not sharing:evilsmile:

Actually,. I go down to the cafe every morning around 8 AM and with my coffee card I ask for two large coffees to go. Never been denied.

Yes..

I try and stay away from the MEGA posts self considered "experts" posts, But.......

OP, contrary to the response you got early on the thread , you can at anytime you want order your Espresso base coffee, and also order a drip coffee in the same transaction, you WILL NOT be charged for the brew coffee. In other words to need to make separate trips.

This is a fact , and is not disputed ... 1- free brewed coffee and as many Specially Coffee's w/punches as desired per transaction

Srpilo

Certainly sometime very soon I expect Princess to start issuing cards with next years dates.

Maybe July 2019?:confused:

We drink probably two cups of black coffee a day. Can you tell me the cost of a decent black coffee? It may be cheaper just having the coffee card,
I thought I paid $2.50 for a tall long black. Regular is like Starbucks or Peets house coffee whereas a long black is like their bold or dark .... I know it's cheaper for me to have a coffee card than a cup each morning

FWIW: They punch the card when ordering a long black.

IMHO, only Princess head quarters knows and they are not sharing:evilsmile:

Not to be argumentative, but I really doubt that even princess knows...

They might expire at the end of the current voyage, or the end of the current year, be good for a year,

or something that no one has even thought of...

But, long gone are the days when proud posters would laminate the cards with a few punches remaining,

and expect to get brewed coffee forever...

(they might have gotten it, too -- if they hadn't bragged about it so much)

Is the price of the coffee card the same whether you buy in advance or on board? If we order room service coffee, are we getting the liquid concentrate? Can you use the coffee card with room service, or only at the International Cafe?

Is the price of the coffee card the same whether you buy in advance or on board? If we order room service coffee, are we getting the liquid concentrate? Can you use the coffee card with room service, or only at the International Cafe?

The price is the same whether purchased on board or in advance. There are a couple of ships where you can get brewed coffee everywhere, but on most, it is only available at the IC. Room service is the concentrate stuff on most ships.

As of last & this year, it was $35.65 USD on Japan, Alaska; $35.95 Australian in Australia / Tasmania. Room service coffee is free, no card needed, and the same drip as the cafes / bars. But the coffee card is good or pymt at the International Cafe, Coffee Cafe Plaza Deck (Diamond), & bars.

My 2nd biggie is where full cream is readily available. That would be the above locations and room service. They opt for milk on the Horizon unless you specifically request CREAM

Not to be argumentative, but I really doubt that even princess knows...

They might expire at the end of the current voyage, or the end of the current year, be good for a year,

or something that no one has even thought of...

But, long gone are the days when proud posters would laminate the cards with a few punches remaining,

and expect to get brewed coffee forever...

(they might have gotten it, too -- if they hadn't bragged about it so much)

Here’s what happened to us on the Emerald , this pasted April 27th - May 9th cruise. We changed out our mini bar for 2 coffee cards. Called for this right when we boarded @ 12:45pm . Had to make many calls as they never came. 48 hours later we finally got our cards with an expiration date of June 2018. We had other cards we were using, so we just gave those away to people on that cruise . Our next cruise isn’t until September.

We were very surprised by that date.

At the Slott Pull we had, we were all comparing our expiration dates on the coffee cards we all finally received. They were all different.

So all of you can try to figure that out. We sure didn’t want to ask passenger service desk, they didn’t answer the phone, most times when we called.

Everyone should try to coffee before disdaining it. These coffee threads have been going on for at least 15 years. I remember two of our tablemates on the Grand in 2003 talking about how good the coffee was in the dining room. It made an impression on me after reading so many complaints about it.

Everyone should try to coffee before disdaining it. These coffee threads have been going on for at least 15 years. I remember two of our tablemates on the Grand in 2003 talking about how good the coffee was in the dining room. It made an impression on me after reading so many complaints about it.

I'll be curious to see how the concentrate is on Princess, hopefully it's good! My only experience with the stuff was on Carnival, over a decade ago. I remember it being undrinkable and was my only complaint on the whole cruise. I couldn't figure out how they could make coffee taste so horrible, but I had no idea it was a syrup until seeing it mentioned here on another thread a week or two ago.

that's because some like (to use Starbucks terms) blond whereas others like dark or expresso (long black) and others want to put in sugar or flavorings

It could be that they cleaned their dispenser heads or had the adjustment correct.

I've tasted some of the liquid stuff that wasn't awful but the dripped coffee is always better.

I'll be curious to see how the concentrate is on Princess, hopefully it's good! My only experience with the stuff was on Carnival, over a decade ago. I remember it being undrinkable and was my only complaint on the whole cruise. I couldn't figure out how they could make coffee taste so horrible, but I had no idea it was a syrup until seeing it mentioned here on another thread a week or two ago.

Although I buy coffee cards I always end up drinking the regular coffee a few times on every cruise. The quality varies a great deal from ship to ship and even on the same ship. I think it has a lot to do with how well the machines are cleaned and probably who adjusts the mix.

Just back from the Caribbean Princess - with my card still in hand - the card itself expires in December of this year. I can confirm they just kept handing me coffee when I flashed it. Punches for specialties. A few nights they seemed to upgrade me to large for no extra punch. :)

Just back from the Caribbean Princess - with my card still in hand - the card itself expires in December of this year. I can confirm they just kept handing me coffee when I flashed it. Punches for specialties. A few nights they seemed to upgrade me to large for no extra punch. :)

My experience was that I could get either a small or large for one punch. Is this no longer the case?

My experience was that I could get either a small or large for one punch. Is this no longer the case?

Not sure. We only asked once, the regular was pretty large IMO. But I thought I heard someone in line be told it was two punches. Again, I can't confirm that.