How much is a soda (soft drink)?

Just thinking ahead to the 2019 prices of close to $10/day for the soda package. DS doesn't use the Freestyle Machines--would only order sodas at a bar or one at dinner. Just trying to see what makes the best sense.

Thanks!

$3.25 + 18% Gratuity so $3.84/can for soda/pop/coke. Even water is $2.25/bottle

I think your prices are old. Paid $4.13 including gratuity on Navigator. Didn't buy water but going ashore they were selling for $3 at gangplank; assume 18% on top.

Seems I saw someone made the suggestion...don't buy soft drinks at any of the bars. Go down to the shop level and buy in one of the shops. Price may be the same, but at least you're not paying the 18% tip.

Those are old prices. Also, bottled water is not included in the soda package.

Doesn't surprise me to learn they are old.as I took those figures off a spreadsheet I captured on here a while back. It looks like RCI raise the base price by a quarter. I seem to recall that we could carry on a case of soda in the past. We are sailing from San Juan so it's not really an option of us but if RCI still allows it, it would be a LOT cheaper than over $4/soda!

Wow, its been a while since Ive been on Royal. Cans of Coke were 2.25 + 18% last time I cruised RC. They have raised the price on everything it seems. I guess this is to make the soda package seem more enticing.

Thanks--means we'll stick with the package! He's a teen who likes to have soda with dinner and a few cups while walking around with friends--pricing definitely favors the package unless he wanted to go back to the room to get a can that we brought on.

Thanks!

Doesn't surprise me to learn they are old.as I took those figures off a spreadsheet I captured on here a while back. It looks like RCI raise the base price by a quarter. I seem to recall that we could carry on a case of soda in the past. We are sailing from San Juan so it's not really an option of us but if RCI still allows it, it would be a LOT cheaper than over $4/soda!

It’s very easy to bring soda/water on in San Juan. There’s a Walgreens in Old San Juan that you can stop at real quick. They are not picky about the rules at that port and I don’t think I’ve ever read about someone having it taken away from them at that port. I’ve taken on bottled water, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems I saw someone made the suggestion...don't buy soft drinks at any of the bars. Go down to the shop level and buy in one of the shops. Price may be the same, but at least you're not paying the 18% tip.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing sodas for sale in the shops.

1can of Coke, $4.13 including tax and tip 3 minutes ago on Oasis.

I'm sorry. Do you have any more recent data? ;) ;) ;) :D

Thanks--means we'll stick with the package! He's a teen who likes to have soda with dinner and a few cups while walking around with friends--pricing definitely favors the package unless he wanted to go back to the room to get a can that we brought on.

Thanks!

For a teen, I think that the package is a better option. He doesn't have to worry about "finishing" a soda, and I am sure that you have warned him about not drinking from his cup if he has left it unattended for a while. He can just dump the contents and get a new one. :)

It’s very easy to bring soda/water on in San Juan. There’s a Walgreens in Old San Juan that you can stop at real quick. They are not picky about the rules at that port and I don’t think I’ve ever read about someone having it taken away from them at that port. I’ve taken on bottled water, no problem.

I prefer to patronize the CVS. They have been there MUCH longer and Walgreen's just muscled into the territory. :D :D :D

We just got off Adventure and our in room fridge never got our water cold, just chilled. Maybe others had better fridges, but I wouldn’t drink a warm soda.

Just ask your cabin steward for an ice bucket, and fresh ice once or twice a day.

Just ask your cabin steward for an ice bucket, and fresh ice once or twice a day.

Yes, we did that. Worked fine to add water. But I think many folks think they are going to bring a case of soda, throw it in the “fridge” and be good to go. But it never gets cold.

On the other hand, I didn’t have to worry about it freezing my insulin! [emoji39]

So do you guys that don't have problems taking on drinks stick it in your luggage or slap a luggage tag on it? I'd much rather have apple juice in my room then try and guess when I want room service to deliver some... plus the juice on board wasn't so great last time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So do you guys that don't have problems taking on drinks stick it in your luggage or slap a luggage tag on it? I'd much rather have apple juice in my room then try and guess when I want room service to deliver some... plus the juice on board wasn't so great last time.

Carry it on yourself, or put it in your checked bag, well wrapped and cushioned. More and more porters are reluctant to take a separate case for you. (not that some won't)

I asked the porters to put a luggage tag/sticker on it. They took it to my room for me, no questions, no hesitation.