Posh Beach Club on Norwegian Epic

IPAfanatics

I was wondering if some of you kind CC members would be able to provide me some info on the Posh Beach Club on EPIC?

Do you have to pay for access and if so how much and can you pre-book before you go?

Is it worth the money?

Does anyone have any recent pictures as those on the web seem to vary?

Thanks in advance

I am not really sure of the price but from what i've read there are very limited amount of passes handed out for the duration of the cruise obtainable from guest services only (not available to purchase online)

You must be one of the 1st to board the ship then rush to guest services to score a pass

Here are some pics courtesy of Cruise Critic

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-epic-481/posh-beach-club-211965/

We were on the Epic this past Feb and our party of 4 were able to get tickets to the Posh Beach Club. They only had tickets available for the first 20 people at Guest Services. You could not pre-book the tickets. The cost was $59 and you could not access Posh on the first day of sailing. We all thought they were definitely worth the price.

I was wondering if some of you kind CC members would be able to provide me some info on the Posh Beach Club on EPIC? Do you have to pay for access and if so how much and can you pre-book before you go? Is it worth the money?Does anyone have any recent pictures as those on the web seem to vary? Thanks in advance

The Posh Club is the private sundeck for the Haven guests. They may sell around 10 passes for non Haven guests. (That’s 10 passes for 4000 passengers). You need to arrive at the port very early and be the first in line for security, get boarding group 1, and be the first people in boarding group 1 to embark.

Priority boarders (Ambassador, Platinum Plus, and Platinum) guest will board before Group 1.

You have to walk very fast to Gueat services and hope none of the priority guests grabbed a pass.

Posh is one of the best aspects of Epic. Private bar, best views from the ship, and big comfy chairs. Definitely worth it if you can get a pass. The only downside is there is no pool up there or any water feature to cool you off. Its a long way to a pool to cool off. But just keep the iced drinks coming ;)

Sailed Epic twice in the med soon to be a third and each time secured passes for Posh, its the best 59$ i have spent and will be aiming to have to again this time. As its a port intensive cruise it dose be very quite. Bartenders are great and look after you as if your a priority, i wouldnt do Epic any other way. I have always used it on day 1 with no problems.

Are there elevators to the POSH level?

We have enjoyed Posh twice and we have always entered through the what used to be Suites and now Haven area. However, we had people ride the elevator up with us and then go up the stairs to the Posh area. There are couples with children that ride the elevator up and down from the general pool area to Posh and their card opens the elevator door in Posh.

We have enjoyed Posh twice and we have always entered through the what used to be Suites and now Haven area. However, we had people ride the elevator up with us and then go up the stairs to the Posh area. There are couples with children that ride the elevator up and down from the general pool area to Posh and their card opens the elevator door in Posh.

Thanks

Sailed Epic twice in the med soon to be a third and each time secured passes for Posh, its the best 59$ i have spent and will be aiming to have to again this time. As its a port intensive cruise it dose be very quite. Bartenders are great and look after you as if your a priority, i wouldnt do Epic any other way. I have always used it on day 1 with no problems.

Hi Keith. Well done! Have you boarded in Barcelona or Rome? And what time did you get to the pier? Also assume you had some kind of priority boarding?

Hi Keith. Well done! Have you boarded in Barcelona or Rome? And what time did you get to the pier? Also assume you had some kind of priority boarding?

We boarded in Barcelona, Got to the pier around 10am . I know that boarding has now changed but each time we had boarding group 1 as far as i remember and i was bronze each time. Hopefully aiming to secure them now again, but being silver wont make a difference.

I will be quite dissapointed if i dont get them if im honest, to me posh makes the trip. We intend to stay aboard most of the time this time round so will be using posh fingers crossed a lot.

Anyone know if there is much of a demand this season ?

We boarded in Barcelona, Got to the pier around 10am . I know that boarding has now changed but each time we had boarding group 1 as far as i remember and i was bronze each time. Hopefully aiming to secure them now again, but being silver wont make a difference.

I will be quite dissapointed if i dont get them if im honest, to me posh makes the trip. We intend to stay aboard most of the time this time round so will be using posh fingers crossed a lot.

Anyone know if there is much of a demand this season ?

Obviously I don’t know when you last sailed, but I believe that the changes to latitudes last February will have made a big difference. Being Silver is unlikely to help much I’m afraid.

The big difference is that previously platinum didn’t get priority boarding, but now they do. Any platinum members arriving after you will most likely get to board before you, whereas they didn’t before.

How much this affects you will depend on how many platinums there are (and whether they want Posh passes). That can obviously vary from cruise to cruise, but there will be quite a number of them.

• 1 year later...

I bought passes to the Vibe Beach Club on the Breakaway last month.  They had gone up to $209, which I thought was extortion.  I guess it was worth it for the peace and quiet and uncrowded bar, but they also had 2 hot tubs  that apparently Posh does not have.  Not sure I would spend the money again.  The bar tender was great.  He always called you by your first name and knew what you wanted to drink.

Edited by cregger57
Added info
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Bocadude85 said:

Just booked our first cruise on the Epic in the Haven and I was wondering if the Posh Beach Club is still reserved for Haven Guests or must we purchase a pass? 

Still reserved for Haven guests with very limited passes available for non haven guests. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Does anyone know where to go to secure a Posh pass?   We will be staying in the Haven, however, two members of our group who are not in the Haven are interested in purchasing them.

They were available at guest services, get there as soon as you board the ship. For the price of $50-$60 it’s worth every penny and the staff up there are fantastic. 

26 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

They were available at guest services, get there as soon as you board the ship. For the price of $50-$60 it’s worth every penny and the staff up there are fantastic. 

Do they give you a number as what they do (use to) with the Vibe then you actually wait on the line with your number?

10 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Do they give you a number as what they do (use to) with the Vibe then you actually wait on the line with your number?

Since the Posh is the sundeck for the Haven, in the past, they have only sold a very limited number of passes (like 10ish for the 4000 non-Haven guests). Currently, Vibe passes are only available as on-line purchases pre-cruise. Not sure about Posh.

If you have to buy them onboard, suggestion is to sweet talk the Haven check-in folks and get your friends to board with you. That being said, while Haven guests are suppose to be the first to board, on our August cruise out of Miami, there were a lot of Platinums boarding before they allow Haven guests to board. 

Edited by BirdTravels