Formal night on first sea day of 4 night cruise?

In general on a 4 night cruise (sea day, port day, sea day) is there a formal evening on the first sea day (or is there a formal evening at all), and are the pictures taken on the first sea day evening?

The formal night is ALWAYS night 2...whether it's a 3, 4, 7, 10, etc. night cruise. Night 2 is always the 1st (or only) formal night. Doesn't matter if it's a sea day or port day....night 2 is your formal night.

I sail out of Port Canaveral for the 4 nighters and the sea day is the 4th day. The only Formal night is always the 2nd night. The Formal pictures are of course taking on that night as well. But they take your picture every night and many other time through out the ship. Port Canaveral is Leave port 1st day, Coco Cay 2nd day, Nassau 3rd day and then a Sea day the 4th. Happy Sailing!!!

In general on a 4 night cruise (sea day, port day, sea day) is there a formal evening on the first sea day (or is there a formal evening at all), and are the pictures taken on the first sea day evening?

The very vast majority of times the formal night will be on night 2. There have been the rare exceptions of it being in night 3 but those are rare.

Also note that the Empress does not have any formal nights.

The very vast majority of times the formal night will be on night 2. There have been the rare exceptions of it being in night 3 but those are rare.

Also note that the Empress does not have any formal nights.

I agree. Please note, dgraham, if your upcoming cruise is on the Empress of the Seas. No formal nights at all.

Yes usually 2nd nite. But I've had 3rd nite Formal 2 times, not recently. Sea/Port doesn't make difference. I once had usual 2nd nite Formal and we were in Port until 10pm in Nassau and another Formal in Cozumel until 10pm, though was second Formal. Makes for empty Dining rooms...

Do many people wear formal clothes on a 4 night cruise?

Do many people wear formal clothes on a 4 night cruise?

I don't know how to characterize "many", but I see a variety of attire, with some wearing formal clothes.

I don't know how to characterize "many", but I see a variety of attire, with some wearing formal clothes.

Approx 5 years ago my husband wore a tux and I wore a full length dress on a 4 nighter. We seemed to be the only ones!!!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy formal wear. Just returned from 14 night Mediterranean cruise where we had 3 formals and wore full length and cocktail wear and my husband wore tux. Just wondered if it was worth bringing it this time.