Cove Balcony on the Vista

sds

Hello everyone looking for some info about cove balcony's on the Vista. How is the ride being so close to the water? Do you feel the ocean more? My concern is being sea sick the entire time which wouldnt be fun at all.I only have experience in staying on the upper deck balcony's on my previous cruise so this will be quite a change I am sure. Does the internet service suffer from being so low on the ship? Any insight would be greatly appreciated from those that have stayed in these rooms. Thank you in advance.

We prefer cove balcony cabins if a ship offers same.

Being closer to the water is a definite plus and less chance of sea sickness.

Not to mention the balconies are much more private than the regular balconies.

Best location for a cove balcony is mid ship around the corner from elevators.

We do not get internet pkg when we cruise - its our time to be away from same. We do use the Carnival HUB app for keeping in touch with each other should we be in different areas of the ship, plus all the dinner menus and fun times is also on the HUB app.

If you are prone to sea sickness you are better off being in a cove than in a balcony higher up on the ship. Less movement is felt the lower you are, as well as midship. Not that you really feel much motion in ships since they are so big and have stabilizers. But anyway, coves are my favorite. Love being that close to the water. You can see flying fish right from your balcony in the morning. And I love the privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m on Dream right now in a cove, starboard aft. I usually get a suite on deck 8 but wanted to try something different this time.

It’s been great. Internet is fine (I got the best package). Movement is no worse than usual. I am below a restaurant/galley/crew area and there have been scraping and generally strange noises but that hasn’t been irritating. I do sleep with ear plugs though because I have sleep disorders. My daughter has not complained about the noises.

We stayed in cove balcony 2306 on the Vista & it was great. This particular cabin has no lifeboat above it, so it was a clear view to the sky. We used the balcony often during the cruise, and would have no reservations booking this cabin again. (in fact, I did..on the Panorama for 2020..lol)

Love coves, but try to stick to ones not under galley... as they can be noisy. Otherwise the more private bigger balcony is a plus. The lower and more center on a Ship, the lesser movement.

I booked a cove a couple years ago on the Breeze on the recommendation of a friend. It was our first balcony cabin and my family and I loved it. We realized how much so after sailing two times afterwards in regular balconies. The privacy and shade given by the lifeboats really is an advantage. We had days on our other cruises where it was just too bright and hot to sit outside on the balcony. Being close to the water is great and the water is why we all book balconies. One thing you have to watch for in a cove is the salt spray. It can leave a sticky feeling to the railing and other surfaces. I'm a Gulf boater so it is no issue for me, but its something to mention. Coves being on deck 2 is a bonus and not. You are close to the deck for embarkation and debarkation so no real lines, but everything else is up. Way up! Elevators are your friend.

I'm glad Carnival hasn't realized the gem in the coves. It's the same price as the regular balconies.

Wow! Thanks everyone for the informative and quick responses. This helped ease some of my concerns. I must admit it intrigues me that I could be that close to the water while cruising and coming into ports it sounds like quite a unique experience.

I must have picked a bum location— it’s more private, yes but not larger

the actual cabin for Cove Balcony and regular Balcony are the same.

the actual balcony is 28% bigger on the Cove Balcony compared to regular Balcony (45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft).

the cove balcony has a little ledge perfect for drinks or room service breakfast.

there are lifeboats suspended above cove balconies, so they are often in the shade.

all cove balcony cabins are on deck 2, excellent for getting on/off at ports of call.

I personally really like the cove balconies. I think it was cool being near the water. My first choice would be a high deck balcony, but if there is none available or a high cost differential I am just fine with the Cove. We havent noticed any issues with sickness, but also in all reality are not prone to that anyway.

Just a follow up to everyone I ended up lucking out after this post and got a 7 deck balcony for cheaper?;) go figure. I am only 38 days out also so that was a huge surprise. Again Thanks everyone for the input maybe next time for me.