Hamburgers - Subjective, I Realize

logan25

I agree that it has many of the components of a volcano, but I have never seen it with strawberries.

I think some of the Volcano makers like to get creative. I’ve had several varieties but all delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did like the Norman Love desserts. The other desserts were standard Sysco/US Foods mass delivery. You're right about the ice cream, it was very good. If no dessert appealed, there was the good ol' stand by...Hot Fudge Sundae!

My everyday stand by is two scoops of chicolte ice cream with chocotae, pinapple, and strawberry sauses.

I tried it years ago & like it myself. This is surprising as I personally can't stand Lamb!

RIGHT!?!?!?! I am the exact same way. On a trip back in the late 70s to Israel - I discovered that I HATE lamb...I have never eaten it again...at least not that I knew of.... :D

But seriously, Haggis IS quite good!

We did like the Norman Love desserts. The other desserts were standard Sysco/US Foods mass delivery. You're right about the ice cream, it was very good. If no dessert appealed, there was the good ol' stand by...Hot Fudge Sundae!

My DW will eat desserts BEFORE anything else. She LOVES her sweets (Guess that's why she married me) but she is, indeed, looking forward to desserts on the "boat"... :cool:

You're right about Norman Love desserts.

All the rest (especially the buffet) are the same old tired Princess desserts & really should be rotated out. Many nights in the DR it's either ice cream or creme brulee.

BTW, if comfort food includes spaghetti and meatballs, they are actually always available in the main dining rooms, as they are on the kiddies menu, and what is served IMHO is delicious. It is the same spaghetti and meatballs that is one of the entrees on Italian night. There are other comfort foods on the dining room kiddies menu, and I am willing to endure the gentle smiles of the waitstaff when I order off of it on occasion. In fact, I tend to laugh with them.

I love the Spaghetti and Meatballs and yes I get the gentle smiles when I order it off of the children's menu. YUM

On the Caribbean in May the burgers were cooked to order on the Lido Deck at the new Salty Dog Grille (the new burger option). You took a pager and it vibrated when it was ready. We had a couple times our burgers were definitely not well done, so I bet they'll cook to temp for you. The Ernesto burger is a great deal at $5, and if you like beer you can get an Ernesto and a bottle of your choosing for only $8. I never got an Ernesto but I did get the Triple Smoked. It had hickory smoked bacon jam, smoked Gouda and bbq sauce. It was very tasty and did not cost extra! The fries were perfect- always crispy hot and cooked fresh. I think any burger lover would be pleased with the offerings there.