It is a small world

Got on the Anthem on 5/31/18, and 10 minutes after we pulled out from NJ we reversed back into dock for a medical evacuation, got started again at 4:50, 50 minutes late but we made Bermuda on time on Day 3. Seems there are many Evacs these days, hoping nothing but the best for those involved.

Was standing in line at the Loyalty desk to get my points from a Mariner cruise ending 5/7 and I heard the woman in front of me explaing that she was owed 4 points as she was medevacced from Mariner on 4/24 after 2 days into the cruise and she was in a suite. She had the paperwork and got her points. I remembered the Mariner just sitting at sea for a few hours as the helicopter from Muscat came to make the rescue. She seemed healthy now.

So Friday morning I hit bumper cars for the 9:30 AM start, and a minute into the session I nailed someone from the left rear and turned her sideways. It was the same woman with a very surprised look on her face. I targeted younger people after that, they smile and laugh.

Most prefer to be the bumper as opposed to being the bumpee. Gotta expect both for sure.

In all fairness, it is called Bumper Cars and not Bumpee Cars ;p

Like you say someone has to be the Bumpee or else it would be a very boring ride.

dp

I remember some snotty woman on the Bumper Cars when I was on the Anthem. A group of 2 kids bumped into her and she went mental at them saying what a disgrace it was etc. etc.

Literally couldn't make it up!!!

do you have to make reservations for the bumper cars

As others have said, no reservstions for bumper cars. But I wanted to add that the best time to go is as soon as you board, head to the seaplex. They started them up just before noon when we were on Anthem. You can even have a hot dog at the Dog House that is right there. No line ups for that either and you dont have to deal with the caos in the WJ.

dp

Interesting... Speaking of Emergency's, There is more passengers on ships then 20-30 years ago, more Emergency's. Bet have had Emergency's on 1/3 my cruises. Had 3 on one cruise alone last yr. Have sped up to port, returned to port, stopped at different port, had pilot boat come out to us and PU sick person as we had just left the port. Multiple Helo PU's. Once ea on Grandeur and Enchantment in same year had a Coast Guard Helo lowered and raised up passenger. Done on Pool Deck so no one outside and they removed all chairs. Never been on ship with a Helo-pad actually use it, I have read reason's why as safety issue...

• 2 weeks later...

Small world sitting at a beach bar in New Smyrna Beach and man taps me on the shoulder and says "Oasis a couple of months ago" It was a man that lives in Cocoa Beach that we chatted with a few times in the On Air Club in April on the Oasis. Yes it is a small world after all:halo::halo:

Got on the Anthem on 5/31/18, and 10 minutes after we pulled out from NJ we reversed back into dock for a medical evacuation, got started again at 4:50, 50 minutes late but we made Bermuda .....

Was on the same sailing, such a terrible way to start and end a vacation. The woman appeared young (early-mid 40s), alert, and aware, so it didn’t appear terribly major. Hope everything worked out for them.