Check In Times - How strict is Carnival?

catscan89

My wife and I are seasoned cruisers, however we haven't cruised in about 5 years. Check in times didn't exist then. I have seen were some are requesting early times then show up whenever they want, which seems to defeat the purpose of a scheduled time.

How strict are they now on these scheduled times. If I were to arrive at the port around the beginning of boarding time. Would I be told to wait, or is this merely a suggestion?

Your question implies that everyone has a choice of taking an early check in, which is not true. There are only limited slots for each half hour beginning typically at 10:30. The later you do your on-line check in, the more likely you will get a later check in time. The earlier slots are gone quite early in the process, if that makes sense.

Good luck!

Brad

I only know about Galveston. They enforce the check-in times there. You will not get into the terminal until the check-in time shown on your boarding pass.
This is correct, unless you have priority or FTTF tags. They will check your pass, and make you move to the side where the early check in line is, where you will wait until your assigned time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Your question implies that everyone has a choice of taking an early check in, which is not true. There are only limited slots for each half hour beginning typically at 10:30. The later you do your on-line check in, the more likely you will get a later check in time. The earlier slots are gone quite early in the process, if that makes sense.

Good luck!

Brad

I have not done on line check in since we have not made final payment. Can I do on line check in before final payment. Think we are going to want to board as early as possible.

I have not done on line check in since we have not made final payment. Can I do on line check in before final payment. Think we are going to want to board as early as possible.

That's a great question! I want to say "Yes" but I honestly am not sure. I think that I have done online check in several times before making final payment, but don't quote me. Hopefully someone much smarter than me will chime in!

Thanks!

Brad

I did my online check in info for both of my cruises when I booked them. One is for March 2019, and the other for April 2020. They did not offer at that time any place to choose a check in time. I would suspect because they might not open that option until around day 90. I also heard recently that since I’ve booked those cruises, Carnival has changed their policy, and that you are unable to access the online check in UNTIL day 90. I will go in at that point and choose a time, but in the meantime, I keep hoping to snag FTTF.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just checked in today for an August cruise (Conquest! Can't wait!). But yes, I was able to select a check in time and I haven't done my final payment yet.

Sent from my NS-P11A8100 using Forums mobile app

You can only pick your check in times about 60 days out. It used to be months ahead but they recently changed it. Pretty much every port that is using staggered check-in will not permit you to enter the terminal until your selected times. Be prepared to show your boarding pass for every member of your party.

Payment status does not matter.

You can only pick your check in times about 60 days out. It used to be months ahead but they recently changed it. Pretty much every port that is using staggered check-in will not permit you to enter the terminal until your selected times. Be prepared to show your boarding pass for every member of your party.

Payment status does not matter.

It may change from week to week as we arrived an hour earlier than our check-in time.

Got in the early/late line and basically walked right through security. We received group 4 boarding.

Only thing said was "Welcome to Carnival, enjoy your cruise"

• Like 1

It's like anything else.

1. Carnival makes rules, establishes policy and implements procedure

2. Boorish guests decide that said rules surely do not apply to THEM and subsequently disregard them completely

3. Carnival doesn't enforce them in the interest of not pissing off a customer

• Like 1

From what we’ve seen in Galveston, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale, (our 3 favorite ports) it has been strictly enforced early on when there are crowds. But after 12:30 when the crowds die down we’ve noticed that they aren’t as strict (probably due to the lack of crowds.) This is most likely the reason why you’re getting such varied responses. But the good news about staggered check in is that the boarding process is much smoother and faster. :)

• Like 1

It's like anything else.

2. Boorish guests decide that said rules surely do not apply to THEM and subsequently disregard them completely

However it's Carnival THAT has created the early/late embarkation line, so people that do use that line aren't the "boorish guests".

They are following said rules.

It's like anything else.

Do you come completely to a stop at every stop sign in the good ol USA? No rolling, no tire movement, a complete dead stop every time.

For those wondering when you can pick a time: when you log into your Cruise Manager, it tells you exactly what date you can pick your check-in time. You do not have to complete the online check-in to pick a time.

c6aff00a29a6b778c7d69e6a4254a84a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very helpful, might be something new as I don't recall seeing it on our last cruise.

Thanks

The first time I saile on a ship with a check in time was the Breeze out of Miami. We took a 5:00am same day flight and were in Miami my 9, went straight to the port. My check in time wasn’t until 1:00pm or so but I explained we had no where to go or nothing to do and they let me check in.

Good luck!

Brad

I guess you misunderstood the question, or statement within the question. I typically read through many posts before starting a new thread so as not to have repeat questions. I read a few posts in which people stated that they would get early check in times. And then show up when they wanted to. So they didn't feel rushed. To me this defeats scheduling and those people should go to the end of the line until everyone else has board. The punishment for missing your scheduled time.

I have a time, I just want to know if its enforced or not.

The first time I saile on a ship with a check in time was the Breeze out of Miami. We took a 5:00am same day flight and were in Miami my 9, went straight to the port. My check in time wasn’t until 1:00pm or so but I explained we had no where to go or nothing to do and they let me check in.

Thanks, we are going to use.....My friend arrive before us and its their anniversary, card!