Booking a RCCL future cruise while on Celebrity. Will I still get the perks for book

You will get the perks that Royal is offering for booking on-board. The deposit must be paid by credit card. If your OBC is from a TA it may very well be refundable OBC in which case if you don’t spend it on the ship it will be credited back to your credit card.

RCCL, .the Parent Company of RCI and Celebrity will not accept OBC for deposits for future cruises.

However, any perks that you would get booking Celebrity or RCI will be available when you book on board a RCCL ship!

I just booked a Celebrity trip on my RCCL cruise last week got all of the celebrity perks and OBC but was not allowed to use my large amount of OBC to deposit it bypassed my seapass account and went directly on my credit card

And just to add, the benefits of booking on board typically only include some amount of OBC and a reduced deposit. The stateroom rates and any other associated perks would be those that would be offered at the time of booking and available to all - and not specific as a perk to booking on board.

And just to add, the benefits of booking on board typically only include some amount of OBC and a reduced deposit. The stateroom rates and any other associated perks would be those that would be offered at the time of booking and available to all - and not specific as a perk to booking on board.
I thought there were extra perks to booking on board the ship

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I just booked a Celebrity trip on my RCCL cruise last week got all of the celebrity perks and OBC but was not allowed to use my large amount of OBC to deposit it bypassed my seapass account and went directly on my credit card
Too bad that some of the deposit at least couldn't be paid with OBC. What did you end up spending it all on?

Too bad that some of the deposit at least couldn't be paid with OBC. What did you end up spending it all on?

You can use OBC for:

Upgrading or purchasing a beverage package

Your daily gratuties

Speciality restaurants

Shore excursions

Fitness classes

Spa treatments

The shops

Camera or something from the Apple store.

Art auction

Wine tastings

Photo package

Internet

Laundry

Lots of things, it can go pretty quickly

You can use OBC for:

Your daily gratuties

Speciality restaurants

Shore excursions

Fitness classes

Spa treatments

The shops

Art auction

Wine tastings

Photo package

Internet

Laundry

It does go quickly. My sister & I went crazy when there was amber jewelry. That was a really quick 5k in one week.

I thought there were extra perks to booking on board the ship

No - again the only "perks" with booking on board would be those offered at the time to all with whatever current promotion is in effect.

Celebrity more than RCI is the one that will bundle OBC / Internet / Gratuities / Beverage packages as options with their standard bookings.

RCI typically only offers OBC with their standard bookings.

But to be clear, the OBC for booking on board would be in addition to any offered with the standard promo.

As mentioned and from our experience, the benefit to booking on board is with a reduced deposit and some amount of OBC. It's been that way with both RCI and Celebrity for quite some time - at lease with every on board booking on either line that we've made.

You can use OBC for:

Your daily gratuties

Speciality restaurants

Shore excursions

Fitness classes

Spa treatments

The shops

Art auction

Wine tastings

Photo package

Internet

Laundry

In short, your OBC is applied to all on board purchases without discretion - with the exception of the deposit required for cruises booked on board.