How can I get a copy of my final bill?

cakana

Sorry to disagree but they were able to make the charge to each of us individually throughout the cruise. We got separate statements with our correct charges but they all went to my card. We'd each given our card at the beginning, so if that wasn't going to work, they should've said so upfront. Without getting too personal, my friend isn't in a position to write me a check for $500+. Fortunately, I don't need the money right away but if I had, this could've been a bigger problem. We both get that we should've handled this before we got off and believe me, we won't make the mistake again. I've done a fair amount of traveling and never had a problem but apparently cruising is different. Seems that in 2018, this shouldn't be that hard though. I'm also still trying to get them to deduct the $50 OBC. It isn't much but it was a credit that was to be used against an excursion and I want it corrected.

... my friend isn't in a position to write me a check for $500+... Seems that in 2018, this shouldn't be that hard though. ...

Just a suggestion - in 2018 there are other ways to send money than via check. With PayPal or ApplePay or other apps you can send someone $5 or $50 or $500 with a few clicks. Share a lunch? Pay your companion your share via PayPal. Share a cruise? Pay your companion your share via PayPal. Buy a knickknack at an Art Fare? Pay via PayPal (though the artists mostly use Square as those fees are slightly lower.) When using PayPal to send money to a friend or charity or merchant, you can draw the funds from wherever you like: your bank account, your PayPal balance, or whichever credit card you designate for that transaction. Do you put on yard sales? Get the PayPal Here app on your phone and customers without enough cash can pay you via credit card.

The first time doing this will be slightly more complicated as there will be a set-up procedure, but no big deal.

Stan

Just a suggestion - in 2018 there are other ways to send money than via check. With PayPal or ApplePay or other apps you can send someone $5 or $50 or $500 with a few clicks.

Stan

Thanks Stan! I use PayPal frequently. It would be a great option if I really needed the money right away. I was just expressing frustration that in this age of amazing technology, telling us we'd both have to fax in a front and back copy of our credit cards, all 3 of us would have to get on the phone together to confirm and it would take approx. 2 months before we saw the charges corrected, is absurd. I'm sure it works successfully to dissuade people from asking for the charges to be corrected but I wouldn't call it good customer service.

I'm sure anyone who has kept up with this thread is sick of hearing me complain, so I apologize but appreciated having a place to vent, so thanks for all the responses.

And to take this thread just a bit further off subject, make sure to take a copy of your pre-paid reservation info with you. we’ve used the OBC to make tour reservations and we take a copy of the email receipts along with any specialty restaurant reservations or special orders made prior to the cruise.

Always handy just in case.

Den

Here's my story on no hard copy on final bill.

I bought a Blu-tooth speaker on the Sillie last fall. On my way off the ship a Ft Lauderdale Cabbie liked it as much as I did stole off my bag and took off like his car was on fire. No... I do not remember the cab number/who it was/ I was on my the my home VIA FLL

(DO NOT EVER USE CABS IN S FLORIDA

edit especially YELLOW Brand)

I claimed it on my TD VISA Allianz Global Assistance buyers coverage and a year later still have to explain it to these idiots how charge cards work on cruise ships. Waste of time... so far

They want an Itemized list of all purchases including (likely : -) ) your blood type, inseam and ......

It's only $ 50.00 but it pisses me off.

My advise is to NEVER leave the ship without a itemized account IF YOU BUY ANYTHING

Well I'll be darned. It took over a year of back and forth and a crazy number of submissions, but I finally got my cheque from Allianz Global Assistance buyers coverage.

:D

Thanks Stan! I use PayPal frequently. It would be a great option if I really needed the money right away. I was just expressing frustration that in this age of amazing technology, telling us we'd both have to fax in a front and back copy of our credit cards, all 3 of us would have to get on the phone together to confirm and it would take approx. 2 months before we saw the charges corrected, is absurd. I'm sure it works successfully to dissuade people from asking for the charges to be corrected but I wouldn't call it good customer service.

I'm sure anyone who has kept up with this thread is sick of hearing me complain, so I apologize but appreciated having a place to vent, so thanks for all the responses.

It is absolutely absurd. And if they had done it correctly in the first place, it wouldn't be necessary.

I would be tempted to make them jump through all those hoops, but your time is probably more valuable than mine. ;)

It is absolutely absurd. And if they had done it correctly in the first place, it wouldn't be necessary.

I would be tempted to make them jump through all those hoops, but your time is probably more valuable than mine. ;)

I agree that Celebrity created the issue for themselves but it's a good thing that companies cannot take the word of one person over another before starting the process. Without the faxed proof that the callers are who they say they are & are authorizing the changes, the account holder could easily dispute the new charges with the credit card company and automatically win the dispute because the charges will be done without swiping the card. This is the way the system is designed to work.

I doubt it will really take 2 months for all of that to happen, but it's possible that it might stretch over two billing cycles from the consumer's end depending on the timing. But, there is likely only a few people who have the admin privileges to process such transactions, so maybe they're advertising a long time to give themselves cover.